Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: *10 Cow Play for Wednesday

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really bet the NBA, but since I'm 2-0 in 'fades' this year on Sixer games, I agree that the 76ers are the play here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why put in your 2 cents when you don't even bet on the NBA? Are you trying to brag that you actually picked 2 winners? Once again, stick with your 1 and 3 College picks.

Anyway,let's put a fork in this one. Cause it's done...
Old 02-15-2007, 10:35 PM

Gotcha, understood.

I don't worry about anything but sports and making $$$ on this forum.

Everyone here should have a thicker skin. Go to the poker forums and see how they treat questions and noobs, it's ridiculous over there most of the time. Let's not have this board turn into a flamewar fest like other places. We get a lot of new blood here some times during the year -- and that's great -- but people should try to learn the board culture for a few months, and then they will have a better sense of who's serious, who's sarcastic, and not take themselves too seriously.
Virtually all the long-time posters will be willing to help you with advice, or data, or play devil's advocate with your picks if you ask them [which is much more valuable than people who just ride you and never disagree.] I've learned tons from Homer, Perf, Yao, and others too numerous to mention. Don't get all defensive if someone disagrees with you, it looks insecure. Bet your beliefs and make a profit-- That's all I care about.

Water - very nice FIU pick.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:51 PM

1v1 betting contest please.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:51 PM

This can only be settled with a capping contest. 10k, or whatever, just make it happen.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:01 PM

Poker 1k hu freezeout obv
Old 02-16-2007, 12:24 AM

Or how about the beef gets deaded because while WaterOlay is running ridiculously hot, he also clearly knows what he's doing. Anything that discourages him from continously posting his picks would severely hurt this forum.

On the other hand Naj also appears to know what he's doin so there's no need to argue/flame. Winning betting systems CAN conflict and at that point discussions can be made. WaterOlay and Luv2Win were able to agree on Wafford even though initial opinions differed and it made/saved me and them cash.

Also RicJ is a winning bettor but I bet the otherside on most of his NBA plays and have been making a ton of cash, am I gonna flame him? Most certainly not, even when posting what evenutally is a loser, he is contributing to this forum.

This forum is the bomb, no flames neccessary.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Winning betting systems CAN conflict and at that point discussions can be made. WaterOlay and Luv2Win were able to agree on Wofford even though initial opinions differed and it made/saved me and them cash.
This forum is the bomb, no flames neccessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true: if you had 2 guys running at 60% [not likely] for a season, they'd agree 36% of the time on a winner, and agree 16% of the time on a pick that lost. That leaves 48% of the time they disagreed. Any less than 60% and over half the time they'll disagree on a pick!

As Homer pointed out, it's great to be running hot when it's so cold out, but every capper here will have an inevitable downswing by March Madness time, so let's not go overboard with our bet sizing. It's painful to go +2 units, +2, +3, -3, -4, +4, -4, +4, -5. One good March Madness I started red hot, then went 7-28 units 3/4th round, and recovered to win last 5 picks. That middle week was teh suck.