Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: drug experiences

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have any interesting stories but here is a quick video of me taken a few months ago after I ate a bunch of weed brownies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v90igpmhziM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5EsofuVpgw

[/ QUOTE ]

Videos removed by user. Is this incase you win the ME? :P
Old 07-11-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've been in possession of shrooms but never tried them. The upside to them sounds SO amazing, but I've heard some really bad "bad trip" stories that kind of put me off. Oh well, sometime I'll give it a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've shroomed twice, the first was a "good trip" and the second was a "bad" one.

I was paranoid and uncomfortable during the bad trip (saw stuff crawling on me), but it wasn't even that horrible. I still learned a lot and had an OK time.

Whereas the first trip was absolute heaven. I guess what I'm saying is that even in the unlikely event that you have a bad trip, shrooming is still WAYYY +EV.

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite thing with weed is just to smoke w/ever (blunts, bongs, etc) and sit around and talk... my mind always races, and some of my best friends whom I smoke with always provide INSANELY great conversation. I also like playing frisbee and doing stuff, not just sitting around and watching TV...

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 07-11-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fear being out of control so I have never tried weed/shrooms/E/your-local-special.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that if you have this mentality--you're much more likely to lose control. Weed and shrooms aren't really that hard of drugs; you'd only freak out/panic attack if you were on edge before taking the drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that smoking pot won't really freak anyone out but shrooms DEFINITELY can if you are not prepared. If you're afraid of losing control but still want to try, look up some info on dosing at erowid, go real light at first, and work from there. Someone with the controlling mentality who doesn't smoke pot or drink is gonna completely FLIP if they take a normal (strongish) dose. IMO.

And for what its worth I haven't had bad experiences except a few times I got way too stoned on [censored] weed.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that smoking pot won't really freak anyone out but shrooms DEFINITELY can if you are not prepared. If you're afraid of losing control but still want to try, look up some info on dosing at erowid, go real light at first, and work from there. Someone with the controlling mentality who doesn't smoke pot or drink is gonna completely FLIP if they take a normal (strongish) dose. IMO.

And for what its worth I haven't had bad experiences except a few times I got way too stoned on [censored] weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ja,
I agree that pot would never freak me out. I don't know why it would to some people, but I've seen it twice with good friends of mine.

One was trying for the first time, had a panic attack and lost vision for about a minute. My other good friend also had a similar thing happen to him at a club and had to be taken to the hospital. I'm pretty sure a lot of it what was situational (in the first situation he was nervous, the lights were off and we were watching this intense jimmy hendrix performance on DVD, etc).
Old 07-12-2007, 12:03 AM

fing great post ja

when it comes to shrooms.... blah whatever. when living in las vegas i used to grow them. had a whole closet full of cakes and [censored]. many different kinds and sold them. ive shroomed about 20 times and really grew to dislike the high. i always would whisper because someone was always listening in, had thoughts of everyone knowing i was high on shrooms, ya know. well i ate a 1/2 ounce once and fried for around 8 hours HARD. i thought i was permafried. just some advise for newcomers. do shrooms durring the day around a pool or the beach, it will give you an outlet and water is the best to kinna relax your mind. SHROOMS LATE INTO THE NIGHT AND EARLY MOURNING CAN BE A HORRIBLE EXPERIANCE. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thats pretty [censored] up. was the door open at all? and why was your daughter up at 4am?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just the way she rolls. She's on Eastern time, the rest of the family is on Pacific. That's why it's dark, I can't stand lights on at 4 AM.

No, no doors were open or air moving. This was last January.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
JaBlue, excellent post. Very enjoyable read.

As an aside.. am I the only person in the world that just plain hates pot, shrooms, acid, anything like that that really messes with your mind? It's just not enjoyable at all to me, and I really hate the feeling of being out of control. I also dont enjoy the feeling that im constantly gonna puke, and that i need to just kinda lay there on the couch and not move, while i feel like im experiencing an 'aura' that i would right before i get a migrane and proceed to have a pounding headache and vomit all night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive said this to many people, and will say it again: a lot of the drug experience, I'd venture to say most of any drug experience, is about your mental approach and education and overall grasp of the drug. The human brain is incredibly powerful and influential. Things such as acid trips, bad experiences while smoking weed (aka paranoia), bad shroom trips, etc... all have to do with both the atmosphere and attitude of the one under the influence.

That said, all drugs need to be approached different and are not for everyone. I am a huge stoner, and probably one of the most functional people I know. I smoke weed for many different reasons and dont claim to be a know it all about it, but do claim that it helps me get through life, again, for various reasons that probably arent worth going into on the forum. I would get sick at the thought of everyone smoking as much weed as I do, it is just simply the approach I have fallen into with the drug, the reasons I smoke it, and the experience that I have while I am on it.

I have shroomed 3 times, I have taken acid twice, I have tried ecstasy, adderol, pain killers, and the like. I have not and don't plan to take any drug other than weed frequently, some never again. Many have to do with researching it and simply wanting the perspective of being on the drug. After taking ecstasy and much research and consultation beforehand, I had a fantastic experience on it and simply have no desire to ever do it again. This is simply the thirst for perspective and knowledge that I have grown accustomed to wanting to have with the attainment of the knowledge on the drug.

Everyone tries drugs for different reasons ranging from "just wanting to get [censored] up" to reasons similar or in variation to what I outlined above. I know this is vague but the underlying point here is the actual person behind the drug, as well as the measures and knowledge they choose to obtain and take before trying a given drug, is what heavily influences ones thoughts and experiences while on a given drug. I firmly believe this and it has not failed me in any drug story I've heard or any drug experience that I have had.

edit: sometimes it is also as simple as your body hating drugs too much. Shrooms are a poison, and you'll have side effects that go with it. Some people have it worse than others, and its just a blower all around.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:30 AM

It's really refreshing to read a post like this after the numerous brag posts about hookers/blow/expensive watches/cars/amounts of $ spent etc that this forum oftentimes seems so infatuated with. Good post, sounds like you have a couple really great friends.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:09 PM

adderall is amazing, pretty much all i have to say
Old 07-12-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone tries drugs for different reasons ranging from "just wanting to get [censored] up" to reasons similar or in variation to what I outlined above. I know this is vague but the underlying point here is the actual person behind the drug, as well as the measures and knowledge they choose to obtain and take before trying a given drug, is what heavily influences ones thoughts and experiences while on a given drug. I firmly believe this and it has not failed me in any drug story I've heard or any drug experience that I have had.

[/ QUOTE ] This cannot be stressed enough. You really get out what you put in. I like to smoke pot, but I primarily like it for the perspective from which I see the world while the effects run their course.

As a senior in HS I was taking a watercolor painting class (pause: laugh here, resume reading), and my final exam was to paint a 5 painting concentration. I was given something like two weeks to do the paintings but out of habit I waited until the last day. Art isn't something that can exactly be rushed or necessarily requires some sort of passive skill (like knowing the Kreb's cycle for a bio exam), so when time was approaching to get to it I knew I had a TON of work ahead of me. I'm not bad at various art forms (my teacher actually requested that I do AP porfolio my senior year, but I knew it was a lot of tedium and something I would never use), but it's not something I frequently do so I had no idea just how much work was actually ahead of me.

I decided prior to sitting that I was going to pick up an 8th of some kush from a friend and smoke that throughout the session. The whole experience turned out awesome. I threw on my ipod and some nice headphones and just went to work. All of my paintings came out beautifully. I was using techniques I hadn't even been taught, and applying those I had learned in ways I hadn't thought to in the past. The whole experience was very enjoyable.

With that said, I hate it when people use drugs to "Get fuuuuuucked uuuuuuup maaaaaaaaaan." I have a friend who went that way. He's now 19 with his first kid on the way and dropping out of college. Had all the potential in the world and blew it all because he couldn't handle drugs responsibly. They're definately not for everyone.