Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: MyWebATM on Full Tilt?

[ QUOTE ]
others are saying that their banks are refusing to cash PS checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

link a VERIFIED instance.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and others are saying that their banks are refusing to cash PS checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

this simply isnt true
Old 02-04-2007, 12:51 PM

Withdrawing Funds from Full Tilt Poker to MyWebATM

MyWebATM functions like a full online bank account, which means that you can easily withdraw funds from your Full Tilt Poker player account to your MyWebATM account. These funds can then be transferred back to your personal bank account or used at thousands of stores and ATMs around the world with your physical MyWebATM card.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure feels like a scam.

I try to sign up and put in all my info like SSN, DL#, etc. They say I can't be "verified" and give me a phone number to call. Phone number is to automated message that won't take my call unless I enter a valid MyWebATM card number, which of course is what I was calling to get. Emails to support@mywebatm.com are being ignored.

I hate life.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, they got back to me by email and said someone will call me tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:37 PM

You people are unbelievable, all you do is complain about lack of deposit options and then when one finally comes along you call it a scam.

The fact they're asking for all that information is to protect YOU, they are verifying that you are who you say you are. Secondly, if you think your SSN is some big secret that isn't easily obtained by anyone, then you're walking with blinders on.

If Full Tilt is endorsing it, then you should at least give it some modicum of credibility.....sure it *could* be a scam, but if you're going call every new payment processor that comes along a scam without any solid proof, then you should probably just logoff permanently right now.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Neteller (pre-massacre) - regulated in UK, publicly traded, reliable and data-secure. Strict regulation of how they back their customer's deposits, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll point out that these "assurances" didnt stop Net&$&#$&er from taking everyone's money!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, these assurances should be able to stop Neteller from "taking" everyone's money. For the moment, our money is not accessible, and for this I am displeased. But there are supposedly means within the UK banking regulations for petition of grievances and remedy.

Similarly, if a bank in the USA says "we can't let you withdraw your money right now," you have means through the government ofr a remedy. It may not get fixed in a short time, but it is highly likely you will get your money returned.

None of this may be perfect, and the outcome may still be very bad for those with money still in Neteller.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You people are unbelievable, all you do is complain about lack of deposit options and then when one finally comes along you call it a scam.

The fact they're asking for all that information is to protect YOU, they are verifying that you are who you say you are. Secondly, if you think your SSN is some big secret that isn't easily obtained by anyone, then you're walking with blinders on.

If Full Tilt is endorsing it, then you should at least give it some modicum of credibility.....sure it *could* be a scam, but if you're going call every new payment processor that comes along a scam without any solid proof, then you should probably just logoff permanently right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

strong
Old 02-04-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for some words of sanity.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta agree with this. Obv. its good to be cautious, but many people are acting like mywebatm IS a scam. Full tilt does have buisness outside of the U.S. If they endorsed a company that turned out to be a scam it would ruin their buisness.

I think it would be helpful if FTPDoug would come on here and address some peoples questions/concerns.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:09 PM

The funniest thing about this thread is people wanting to protect their SSN. I'm not sure people understand how unprotectable that number is. If you really want to prevent identity theft, you need to talk to the credit bureaus and cut the information off there.