Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: 2007 PGA Tour / Fed-X Cup Thread

Stenson and O'Hern both just bombed their drives on a 357 yard par 4. They both have less than 10 ft for eagle. So, so sick.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:09 PM

Gotta give mad props to both Stenson & Ogilvy.

Stenson's won more worldwide than anyone but Tiger the last year, and great job by Ogilvy nearly defending. Plus, he's the only "unknown" to use winning the Match Play as a springboard, tho I think Stenson will as well.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:02 AM

Stenson moves to #5 in the official world rankings.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:25 AM

Stenson owes O'Hern a nice bottle of wine at the very least. One up with two to play in the semis yesterday, O'Hern found a way to take four shots to get down from in front of the 17th green to allow the match to be squared up, and then three putted in the wake of Stenson's unreal post-drop approach on the 18th. Such is match play...
Old 02-27-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Intersting Tour News

Hmmmm, announced today the new event in Washington D.C. Tour partners with Tiger Woods Foundation, which will be the charitable beneficiary. I bet they get sponsors. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2007, 03:56 PM

I'm not sure how many have read about this yet, but Ernie is leaving Titleist for Callaway effective immediately.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how many have read about this yet, but Ernie is leaving Titleist for Callaway effective immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumors are Callaway needed a European presence after Stenson left at the end of 2006 for Srixon. Callaway reimbursed Titleist for the last year on the contract and had the rights to Els that same day. I believe he is using the Fusion driveway this weekend in Phuket. That being said, I'm not sure if the contract stipulates a change in ball as Els has used Titleist balls (and obv Pro-V1s now) his entire career.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:37 PM

I had to do some digging to even find this news.

As for impact, I have no clue. I certainly don't care and it obviously won't change what I play, but it's yet another key loss from the Titleist empire to their main competition.

My ligga, the article I did track down said it's unclear at this point whether he'll be changing balls.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumors are Callaway needed a European presence after Stenson left at the end of 2006 for Srixon. Callaway reimbursed Titleist for the last year on the contract and had the rights to Els that same day. I believe he is using the Fusion driveway this weekend in Phuket. That being said, I'm not sure if the contract stipulates a change in ball as Els has used Titleist balls (and obv Pro-V1s now) his entire career.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the Callaway website:

[ QUOTE ]
Callaway Golf announced today that it has reached an agreement with PGA and European Tour player Ernie Els. Currently ranked No. 6 in the Official World Golf Rankings, Els is expected to begin his endorsement by playing the HX Tour 56 Golf Ball, carrying a Callaway Golf bag and wearing a Callaway Golf logo on the sides and back of his cap. He will work with Callaway Golf in the coming weeks to determine the woods, wedges and putter that best suit his game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-01-2007, 04:47 PM

oT,

Good find (heh, who would have thought to go to his sponsor's website?). I've yet to find a Calloway ball I feel comfortable using in competition, maybe that's my lifelong Titleist bias kicking in, but Nike and even Top Flite have come out with balls I like the feel of (whatever, not going to reword that).