bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm such an idiot. I'm also a liability with too many buy-ins. I'm going to try this short stacking idea. I mean, I know this kind of play backwards and forwards. Probably better than NL cash players at ginormous levels.

Does this mean that if I try shortstacking, that I should playing a level that assumes this is my buy-in? Or should I still be playing a level that assumes a full buy-in for my bankroll?

take this fwiw, but in the 100k hands I played of this, I think about 2/3 the regular bankroll requirement for the level is about right. could probably get by with half, but i'm always consevitive about it. standerd deviation for full buying runs in the 27 to 30 range. for short buying it's in the 17ish range. (all that is from memory, as i don't have my data handy, but if the numbers are screwy, the reletive difference I'm sure of)

Just to make what I think lacky is saying concrete, you would need $3000 if you bought in for $100 each time at 100NL, and $1700 if you bought in for $20 each time at 100NL. Correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, thats what i was saying. It seems like alot buyin wise if you consider your "buyin" to be $20, but i think it's pretty realistic. in 100k hands of mostly shortbuy play at 2/4 i had a couple -$4000 to -$4500 runs, so about 10 to 11 regular buyins. no reason to think i maxed out the theoretical bad run. I also ran it through some simulator. I dont remember what it said exactly, but I remeber 6000 to 8000 range seemed plenty, and I had more, so didnt worry much about it.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:27 AM

Also we need to factor in that I will suck for a while, and probably in a high-variance call-too-much/lose-big-pots kind of way. IE - maybe I'll be a slight winner but my swings will be horrid.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also we need to factor in that I will suck for a while, and probably in a high-variance call-too-much/lose-big-pots kind of way. IE - maybe I'll be a slight winner but my swings will be horrid.

[/ QUOTE ]

not trying to be anything here, but i can tell from this post you really don't know what im talking about for the most part. we can talk later, im too tired now, but basicaly you shove your 20 bb or so over a raise whenever you think your hand is over there range for that raise, or if in late position, you raise. if you get callers, the size of your stack that is left is less than the pot. it's going in, whether they do it or you do it doesnt matter, it goes in.

you are still thinking of the whole thing wrong. how the f you gonna have this "high-variance call-too-much/lose-big-pots" come up when your shortstacked. there are no big pots, just you shoving your petty amount, anoying the guy that raised from the cutoff with 78s, cause now he is behind with no implied odds. sometimes he calls and you guys race, sometimes he folds and you get his 3 or 4 bb raise. nowhere is there big pots, or an opertunaty for big wrong calls.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:52 AM

Yeah, like I said forget about the variance stuff. I may be a losing or breakeven player for a bit. BR reqs for that are higher.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:56 AM

Lacky,
About how many ptbb/100 could one expect to make shortstacking in the style you describe?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lacky,
About how many ptbb/100 could one expect to make shortstacking in the style you describe?

[/ QUOTE ]

2 to 3, maybe 4 at lower limit tables, donno. but at 2/4, 2 to 3, much less than is possible deepstacking, but it is somewhat offset by being able to play more tables and the lower br required.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:21 AM

I predict lacky - aka shorstack guru - is going to be real popular in the mid stakes cash world real soon.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:08 AM

Short stacking seems to me like it would be a lot more effective the higher you go in stakes.

Seems like it would work best where there is a lot of light 3-betting going on!?
Old 01-21-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I predict lacky - aka shorstack guru - is going to be real popular in the mid stakes cash world real soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

not likely, as that was about 8 months ago when I was doing that, and haven't done much since.

I did get my very own hate thread though
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...page=&vc=1

oh, and for the record, i never ratholed, after i left a table i would stay away, unless i forgot where i had been, then if anyone said anything to remind me i would leave. the rest is 100% acurate [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2007, 03:53 AM

Nice thread - you should bump it with your real identity. By guru I mean teaching others fyi.