Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Giga the hustler???

Given how easy it supposedly is, don't you think either JJProdigy or Zeejustin, two people who played a ridiculous amount of sit n go's, would have done it at least once?
Old 12-22-2006, 02:18 PM

I know that ZJ never multi-accounted a SNG.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:08 PM

N82,

Is that assertion of knowing for sure based on a certainty of knowing all his screen names and comparing same to your database? Or is it because you were friends with him when he was cheating and knew what types of tourneys he was or was not cheating?
Old 12-22-2006, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was a cash game fish, and a habitual prop bettor, but i'm not sure he was a loser in tournaments and stts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he cheated in the STT's would that change your mind?

Tuco.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
N82,

Is that assertion of knowing for sure based on a certainty of knowing all his screen names and comparing same to your database? Or is it because you were friends with him when he was cheating and knew what types of tourneys he was or was not cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, there are a lot of reasons.

1) Everyone knows his Party names and not a single person came up with a hand history with two of his names.
2) I've talked with him about it specifically.
3) I know what he was thinking when he was doing it and STT multi-accounting was outside the realm of his activities.
4) I know him IRL and I am certain he wouldn't do it.

A few other things that I can't mention also...

But obviously I can't be 100% sure of anything.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:47 PM

Shaniac -

don't you think people would find it weird that you went out of your way to call branid hawbeaker a scamming whore, but with gigabet you are all "hear no evil see no evil dont want to impugn his character"?

I mean, I know that if one of my friends was being unfairly dragged through the mud, I would be front and center defending his character and denouncing the lies.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:00 PM

LOL @ accusations of multiaccounting sngs. do you see why?
Old 12-22-2006, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
N82,

[/ QUOTE ]

oh hey, this again.

No, ZJ did not cheat in SNG's. If he had, any one of the regulars that made up the other 8/10 of the entries (lawl) would have known about it aeons ago.

No, nobody else cheated in SNG's either (that I know of, and I knew most of the regulars from that time period.)

No, Gigabet did not cheat in SNG's. No, I can't prove that for sure. What I can say is that I had access to lots and lots of his hand histories and reads in '05, and everything he did had a rational basis behind it having nothing to do with multiaccounting. I can also say that, while he didn't play perfect SNG poker, in '05 he was closer to it by a significant amount than anybody else in those games. His style was high variance but by far closest to what we now call ICM, and he was crushing them %-wise (then giving it all back in cash, apparently.)

Yes, 100's of people "multiaccounted", as in "had multiple accounts on Party skins". I did, STTF did, completely random people off the street playing $33's did. I have a winning Empire MTT summary linked in the MTT anthology thread back from ~early '05. Was I supposed to close my Party account to play in that thing or something? Of course I played the Party Super and whatever Empire tournaments I wanted to simultaneously, just like every other MTT player on Empire. I guess that violated the site TOC...oh nos. I mean, I went to such great lengths to hide it that there are separate "Adanthar", "Adanthar1" and "Adanthar2" accounts on Party (merged from the skins) that you can search pokerdb for, lol. Most of the early eight tablers never made a secret out of their multiple accounts, either, because by then it was obvious that having rakeback would sometimes double your profit every month.

So, everybody multiaccounted. Not everybody entered all of their accounts in one MTT, and there is a very big difference between the two, but you keep talking about 'multiaccounting' as if it was cheating all on its own and then challenging a guy with multiple accounts to prove he didn't have more of them. I'm annoyed about this solely because it is such a totally worthless argument and you're essentially accusing half of my buddy list of cheating in the process. Stop that.

edit: wow, that was ridiculously off topic. OK, back to Gigabet - I am 90% sure he didn't cheat in the manner that you are talking about and that his SNG results are completely legit. I am also relatively sure that he was also a legit MTT player (although I obviously don't have any solid evidence one way or the other.) I am also sure that he welshed on a bunch of bets, was/is/will be busto and is backed for everything he does ATM.

Having said all of that, he pioneered a bunch of things that everybody does now, is basically the Doyle Brunson of SNG's and thinks on levels that most people aren't aware exist (sometimes to his detriment because he often FPS's clear cut hands.) Having said *that*, I also hear he is very flawed outside of the game, which is unfortunate.

anyway, in before bluffthis calls me a cheater.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:51 PM

ad,

"No, Gigabet did not cheat in SNG's."

Are you sure enough of that to wager on it?
Old 12-22-2006, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ad,

"No, Gigabet did not cheat in SNG's."

Are you sure enough of that to wager on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I should qualify that with "I am sure enough of that during the time I reviewed his histories", which was around January - March of that year. I could've missed a few games here and there, but with the volume he played, if he had a regular account that played identically to him I would have known about it.