Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Games You\'ve Spent the Most HOURS On

WoW 30+ days played. Account currently canceled.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:09 AM

pffft to 120 stars in mario :P

I expect any online multi-player game to triumph any single player game in terms of most hours played.

I have no idea the amount of hours I've played, but I played a crapload of Quake 3 CTF from 2000-2004ish. Before playing that game I played a ton of console games, once I started playing Q3 I basically stopped playing other games altogether.

I think part of it has to due with that fact that I have a completionist, addictive personality. Once I get into something, I try to become the best or at least very good competitively. So while I am busto and my academics have taken a huge hit, it feels good to dominate over a friendly poker game with family over x-mas, and knowing i can dominate any random scrub who chooses to walk up and put 50 cents into the tekken 5 arcade machine lol

@rsigley: I had a short stint with the Tekken 5 arcade scene. I must've spent hundreds at the arcade. I've certainly heard about 8 on the break, haven'been there tho [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2006, 03:58 AM

Not including MMORPG:

Starcraft
Diablo
Diablo 2
Warcraft 1/2/3
Final Fantasy 3
Old 12-26-2006, 09:03 PM

I played Age of Empires for about 6 years [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2006, 10:49 PM

My three roommates and I probably got a combined 2000 man-hours out of NHL2003, which we bought for $4 used at EB Games.

I probably played NHL2k1 more than 100 hours. (Hockey games are my favorite sports games, I don't know why)

Otherwise, I've never played 100 hours of any game. I would've on Skies of Arcadia had my dreamcast not crapped out. Ditto for Metropolis Street Racer. By the time I got it fixed I was busy with PS2 games.

I should crack 100 on FFIII for DS though. I think I'm going to try to 100% it.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:58 AM

i had over 3100 ranked matches on halo 2, that doesn't count all the unranked matches with friends and beating the game on legendary at least a dozen times. i lost a good 18 months of my life to this game.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:33 AM

I had a played time of over 300 days on everquest. that's actual play time... so 7200+ hours....sigh. thank god i found online poker.

populous, lemmings, and the bard tale series got most of my high school years.

arcade: streetfighter 2, nba jam, mortal kombat 2, all were great since winner stayed. probably spent 6 to 8k on arcade games during college .... effing student union heh.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:44 AM

I have played perhaps 4000 games of Starcraft (none since about 2001.) I have played perhaps a thousand games of Red Alert 1 & 2. I have played perhaps a thousand games of the various AOE games. I have also played probably a thousand hours of Quakeworld and Return to Castle Wolfenstein, mostly the former.

Most of this play was 1996 to 2001, with the RTCW obviously a bit more recent.

All of that's online, I've not put in more than about 100 hours in any offline game, though perhaps UFO or Tetris come close...

Do I win? I hope so :]
Old 01-02-2007, 11:02 AM

I made a conservative estimate of 1500+ hours on Diablo II during high school. The people I played with logged many, many more hours. I avoid MMORPGs because of D2.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I made a conservative estimate of 1500+ hours on Diablo II during high school. The people I played with logged many, many more hours. I avoid MMORPGs because of D2.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get those games. The person who does best is the person who puts the most time in - there's so little skill involved. I'd rather beat people by being better than them, not by sleeping less than them.