Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 11:34 PM

Default Re: What muscles to look fit

[ QUOTE ]
this is kinda off topic, but since this is the most recent fitness thread i will ask...remember i know little/nothing about this stuff...

i was checkign out some protein powder and see that the stuff is like 500 calories per serving...im trying to lose weight and get a bit more muscle...currently i work out 3-5x/week usually about 1/2 hours before i go to sleep (this is my only option because of work), is the addition of 500 calories before i go to sleep gonna prevent/slow my weight loss?

[/ QUOTE ]

Protein has only 4 calories/gram. Try to get a shake almost entirely whey protein. A serving is usually around 20-30grams of protein so only 100-150 calories total depending how much sugars and fat is added to make it potable. 2-3 servings of those per day will give you a lot of high quality protein without much added calories to your diet. If you are exercising regularly at high intensity then ingesting .75-1gram of protein/lb of bodyweight per day is pretty standard afaik.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the insight Eric. Its appreciated. I'm sure your progression works great and is exactly what is the newest and most innovative cutting edge guys do.

Your right. I have no clue if I'm getting stronger workout to workout with your method I'll be able to tell. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]The sarcasm and insults in all of these threads just ruin otherwise great threads. Everyone grow up and argue your points without personally insulting others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you read the threads or just post?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read the entire thread. I disagree with a lot of what some people said, but I've never felt the need to insult anyone because of it.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:38 PM

goto vitamin world on the first Monday and Tuesday of the month.
Whey protein two for one from the store brand is a steal. It tastes great with 8 oz skim milk. I love it
Old 12-11-2006, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've read the entire thread. I disagree with a lot of what some people said, but I've never felt the need to insult anyone because of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think when advice is dangerous and/or so way off base the poster might just be trolling, insults can be appropriate imo.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:42 PM

Assani,

Then you would have noticed that after Eric and I exchanged our initial "U R DUM" "NO U R" comments, we proceeded to have a civil discussion where he acknowledged that my advice was a for a more advanced lifter and I agreed that he was correct that beginners in fact don't need to alter their lifts for many moons.

R U bitter about your NFL tout skillz?
Old 12-11-2006, 11:57 PM

thanks smiley and mt2r...

just got some of the house protein powder from vitamin world...
Old 12-12-2006, 01:15 AM

i only read through a few of these. You need to go for a V. Work out your shoulders. this will make your waist look thinner even if you don't do a single sit up. Work out your biceps and triceps obviously, these are more important then your chest. At least to women.

If you are doing something special for a few hours where you want to look good, for example a quick date, or a booty call, do a bunch of diamond push ups and heavy weight curls. This will cause a surge of blood to your muscles for a few hours making them look bigger. they will also feel hard to the touch too. which is always nice.