Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 08:45 PM

Default Re: How Come No One Says Stuff Like

[ QUOTE ]
i do have the guts to say that, and I have now publicly drawn attention to how much of a dumb-ass i am.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 12-14-2006, 11:06 AM

Especially considering the fact that this is approximately what most people (including for the most part me) actually believe.

I think your concept of "most people" must be almost exclusively informed by your peer group. "Most people I know" might be a more accurate representation.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:10 AM

And it is stupid to say that their sexual choices are not slightly less preferable.

Preposterous.

Less preferable to whom? Straight people?
Old 12-14-2006, 11:22 AM

Cool post,

Yes even tho I'm not American I can sympathise with the view that "global warming" is an unimportant "political fiction". It's totally made up by international sceintific consensus!!! after all those scientist types are really all left wing communist subversives, trying to undermine my right to drive a Humvee.

There again I believe in a 6 day creation too, perhaps I should move to the US.

(ok granted I misread the post I replied to, but judgeing by the sentiment I've personally encountered on the issue my post remains valid)
Old 12-14-2006, 12:34 PM

hi smash!

i remember you from FCP, where i don't really hang out any more.

bbbushu
Old 12-14-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"abortion is killing tiny babies that don't yet know they exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of “stuff” is said about abortion but it often ends in paradox.

Pro-lifers espouse that a woman’s fertilized egg qualifies as a complete human life, and therefore that a fetus is of “equal” value to a child outside the womb and inherently deserving of the rights and protections afforded all children. A noble belief easier proclaimed than adhered to.

The paradox arises out of the fact that even the staunchest Catholic will claim all human life is sacred, yet each day demonstrate that in actuality they themselves view different stages of fetal development in terms of graduated degrees towards qualifying as “complete life,” while mentally labeling the unborn child as a “lesser” life form.

Thus they are in actuality aligning themselves with pro-choice advocates who view the fetus’s varying developmental stages as essential to qualifying the degree of “life.”

Asked what he/she would do if on a daily basis thousands of school age children were being brutally murdered in full public view by parents who choose to do so simply because the child no longer fits into their plans. Of course the majority of adults, regardless of their stance on abortion, would physically intervene at personal risk if necessary to prevent even one “innocent” child from being murdered.

This holds true even if they were fully aware that the parents bent on destroying their children had explicit constitutional law supporting their actions. Most adults would disregard that law, and answering to a higher “universal” authority, take matters into their own hands to prevent the slaughter.

They could not, and would not stand by and watch innocent children being killed. The majority of adults would place themselves at risk to prevent the killing of a child. Yet, pro-life activists stand by each day and according to their own professed pro-life dogma; allow thousands of lives to be taken through “legal” abortion. Most react by simply voting the anti-abortion ticket.

There is no other conclusion other than they are either unwilling to act upon their professed convictions to physically intervene to save a human life for fear of punishment, or more likely that they, in the deepest recesses of their consciousness embrace the paradoxical view that the fetus qualifies as a full human life; yet, somehow does not measure up to that of an actual child. It’s almost a child, but even to the staunch pro-lifer….not quite.

Just as a gray area does not exist as to whether a woman is pregnant or not, according to pro-lifer’s own rhetoric, there cannot be a gray area as to when a fetus qualifies as a “ complete life.” The paradox lies in the reaction to the taking of these “ lives.”