Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Did I just get hit n ran by an FTP pro?

rep it stinky
Old 12-17-2006, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Am I only person ever who has never cared (and never really will) when someone buys in for a shorstack or leaves right after winning a bit pot or two from me?

I mean cmon, get over it already, like you don't make enough money playing poker to not get upset when someone who doesn't make a living at the game shockingly has a different value system than you.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't get what's the big deal about hit n runs? Someone got super pissed when I "hit and ran" a 6 handed table. That's online poker. I play a lot of sessions for just 5-15 minutes when I'm bored and waiting for someone to do a quick task before I leave. I don't see what the big deal is.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:17 AM

hes a tourny donk?
Old 12-17-2006, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"well, if you are going to throw stones it helps to be correct. you are of course right that you have to call in this hand, but I was just pointing out that your "you are stupid I am right if i see his hand i have to call post" in fact contained an error."

Stoxtrader,

I am not sure what the point of you posting in this thread is. While you must feel like a real big man calculating equity on a hand where that is not the point of the thread, and this is all sorts of useful, I am sure your energy could be spent on solving world hunger or posting in other threads of players that are way over your head . The most important thing is to have fun with it.

I am right. He is stupid for questioning the call. Any other points?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, WOW
Old 12-17-2006, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man Rock like wtf are you doing. OK so that googly eyed [censored] hit n ran you for 1700 and then made a gay excuse. Instead of gossiping about it like a girl, and wasting your time explaining if the call was justifiable to these geniuses who cant even beat video poker. Take that time you waste here to recoop the 1700. Cmon dude, You are a respected 50/100 25/50 player. Wasting your time with these fools its just comical. Like seriously what is whining on this forum gonna do. Man up Nancy play cards...I know its not about the money more about the professionalism, but you come off like some stuck up kid whining about someone who everyone already knows is a bitch. first n last post. out

[/ QUOTE ]

Mwhahhahahahha nice first post.This forum makes me laugh hard
Old 12-17-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's not really a FTP pro, well he is sort of but he is just a random tourney donk FTP sponsors but nobody really knows who he is (ala Mark Vos). It's not like Ivey or Matusow or somebody who people think about when they think of Full Tilt. I agree that this is pretty lame, but like I said he isn't even really a name pro and it's not like he was playing you HU and did that. People hit and run at 6 max all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

And btw, anyone else see Mark Vos playing with 25 bbs every time he sits? Did he lose all his money? Need a push???

[/ QUOTE ]
he HAD over a mil, you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-17-2006, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen Aaron hit and run, and I play Turbo SNG's with him all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

think about that for a second

[/ QUOTE ]hahaaha
Old 12-19-2006, 03:14 PM

I saw this post last week but was too lazy to reply to it, but I'll do it now anyway.

I was playing on a 2000NL HU table on FTP, had to go for a few mins and came back after. My seat was taken on the table by GregFBTMueller. I waited some, he won about 1400 of the guy I was playing and that guy left.
So I took my spot back and was just like, let's play FBT then. I had my previous stack of 3300 bucks, so we're kinda even stacks.

The very first hand comes up;

FullTiltPoker Game #1391274870: Table Effort (heads up) - $10/$20 - No Limit Hold'em - 11:55:00 ET - 2006/12/11
Seat 1: GregFBTMueller ($3,433.85)
Seat 2: Scorpy ($3,325.25)
GregFBTMueller posts the small blind of $10
Scorpy posts the big blind of $20
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Scorpy [Jc 8c]
GregFBTMueller raises to $60
Scorpy raises to $180
GregFBTMueller calls $120
*** FLOP *** [2s 6s 2h]
Scorpy bets $200
GregFBTMueller calls $200
*** TURN *** [2s 6s 2h] [Th]
Scorpy bets $360
GregFBTMueller calls $360
*** RIVER *** [2s 6s 2h Th] [As]
Scorpy bets $980
GregFBTMueller raises to $2,693.85, and is all in
Scorpy adds $394.75
Scorpy folds
Uncalled bet of $1,713.85 returned to GregFBTMueller
GregFBTMueller mucks
GregFBTMueller wins the pot ($3,439.50)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $3,440 | Rake $0.50
Board: [2s 6s 2h Th As]
Seat 1: GregFBTMueller (small blind) collected ($3,439.50), mucked
Seat 2: Scorpy (big blind) folded on the River

After this he says "gg" and immediately leaves, leaving me behind with the feeling "wtf".

It's not that I wanna whine about hit and runs, sometimes I win a few stacks of someone, then lose about half of it back and feel like leaving more instead of losing the rest also.
But leaving after 1 hand of playing, immediately sitting out is just very bad attitude imo. Then at least play about 5 mins more, that'll make me feel less fooked than situations like this..

This in combination with the "gg" comment (good game ye, you can't even call it a game donk) and the fact that his name is red (I think when you play as a "member" of FTP you have to show good attitude) makes this a very bad move imo.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can confirm this is def a shortstack hit & run. Next case...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol