Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: UNC @ Arizona

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a big fan of putting huge significance on a single knockout tourney.

My statement was just in regard to their dominance, talent level and depth. I can't think of another NCAA team of recent memory can compare.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you. It goes without saying that the ACC Tournament is a big deal and great teams bring home multiple titles.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but they are so entertaining!!!!!!!!!

Seriously this UNC team is pretty sick (and definitely top two along with Florida), but that Duke team from I wanna say 99 or 2000 that lost to UConn was the best college basketball team I have ever seen.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but they are so entertaining!!!!!!!!!

Seriously this UNC team is pretty sick (and definitely top two along with Florida), but that Duke team from I wanna say 99 or 2000 that lost to UConn was the best college basketball team I have ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

So that would make UConn, like even better than the best college basketball team you've ever seen.
No?
Old 02-01-2007, 01:32 AM

Was at the game tonight... excellent effort.

Can't wait to go get 99c sausage biscuits tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was at the game tonight... excellent effort.

Can't wait to go get 99c sausage biscuits tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Courtesy of Dewey Burke of course.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:59 PM

ACC is shipping up for some tough games for UNC the next couple of weeks.

2/13 Va Tech At Home-Can we say, revenge time (UNC is much better at home)

2/17 @BC-Going to be tough. Was 0/2 vs BC last year. They are now ranked even without arguably their most talented player suspended for the whole year.

2/21 NC State At home-We need this one. NCSU is only 3-7 in the ACC this year, and UNC is at home.

2/25 @Maryland-Maryland has been playing better lately including beating down Duke by 12 yesterday.

3/01 @Ga Tech-Again we're not that good on the road this year. Our big wins on the road this year are @ Arizona, @ Duke and @ Clemson. We also have a neutral court win versus Tennessee who should be ranked soon with Lofton coming back.

3/04-Duke-Can they bounce back? UNC should roll at home versus this struggling team but then again it's UNC-Duke.

I expect UNC to lose 1 or 2 of these final 6 games especially the 3 on the road in the ACC which has been tough this year. UNC only 3-2 in conference on the road so far.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:01 PM

Wait, is someone on here saying that this year's UNC team is the best team in the NCAA in decades?

How about they win something first? Or even demonstrate they are better than Florida?
Old 02-12-2007, 06:52 PM

GreenKoolAid said that...he's primarily a NBA viewer, so I don't think he has the depth of knowledge about great NCAA teams. I would say the UNC team in 2004-05 was better than this one.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GreenKoolAid said that...he's primarily a NBA viewer, so I don't think he has the depth of knowledge about great NCAA teams. I would say the UNC team in 2004-05 was better than this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I said that.

And everyone please spare me the "wait until they win something" talk.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ACC is shipping up for some tough games for UNC the next couple of weeks.

2/13 Va Tech At Home-Can we say, revenge time (UNC is much better at home)

2/17 @BC-Going to be tough. Was 0/2 vs BC last year. They are now ranked even without arguably their most talented player suspended for the whole year.

2/21 NC State At home-We need this one. NCSU is only 3-7 in the ACC this year, and UNC is at home.

2/25 @Maryland-Maryland has been playing better lately including beating down Duke by 12 yesterday.

3/01 @Ga Tech-Again we're not that good on the road this year. Our big wins on the road this year are @ Arizona, @ Duke and @ Clemson. We also have a neutral court win versus Tennessee who should be ranked soon with Lofton coming back.

3/04-Duke-Can they bounce back? UNC should roll at home versus this struggling team but then again it's UNC-Duke.

I expect UNC to lose 1 or 2 of these final 6 games especially the 3 on the road in the ACC which has been tough this year. UNC only 3-2 in conference on the road so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opening line today vs VA Tech: 15 points. Need to exact some revenge and get even with the Hokies on the season.

I hope all UNC fans got to see Raycom's halftime coverage honoring the '57 and '82 title teams during the Wake game. How cool was it when MJ leaned over and gave Dean a smooth on the top of his head. Also, the locker room was dedicated in the name of Bill Guthridge and Frank McGuire got his due with the '57 "Perfect Season" banner that was hoisted up to the banners. Great night for UNC basketball.