Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Brag: N64 shopping today :D

First, anyone who thinks MK64 is better than Super Mario Kart and that it's not close is either young or an idiot. When MK64 first came out the reviews were all deservedly mediocre, and playing against the computer sucked because of the cheating AI. SMK did not do this.

That being said, MK64 has had remarkable lasting appeal and might be an overall better game because of 4-player action - but it is close.

Anyway, for N64 games - Mario 64 and Zelda 64 are literally the two best games ever made (and that they're both at least top ten is not debateable). If you really loved Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie is nearly as good with better graphics. Banjo-Tooie and Donkey Kong 64 are not on the same level.

I've been making posts in OOT on the "videogame canon"...most recent one was SNES, N64 will be coming. Look for NES, Gameboy, and Sega Master System if you want to:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post7577523
Old 10-11-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Best soccer game for n64 if u like soccer games: Fifa 99. It changed soccer games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf, ISS64 'changed soccer games'. Fifa 99 got rid of the indoor mode which is the only thing Fifa ever had going for it.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:41 PM

obv goldeneye and mariokart with 4 controllers is required

tenchu stealth assasain and soulcalibur were pretty sweet too.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:33 PM

mike tyson's punch out
none of that mr dream gayness
Old 10-11-2006, 11:37 PM

Was nobody as obsessed at N64 NBA Hangtime multi-player battles as me and my buddies were...it was that, GoldenEye, and Mario Kart on a never ending rotation.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:19 AM

I saw someone mentioned NBA JAM, that game was great, they had a arcade version at this hot dog spot near my house when I was a kid, right on the way home from school.

Hands down best basketball videogame ever though was Arch Rivals. I played it on the SEGA genisis. Every player looked like rodman, and you could punch to steal the ball. Also if you dunked from the freethrow, sometimes you would break the glass.

Holy [censored], how have we left out offroad? I think the original was for NES, and the arcade version had 4 steering wheels. Man... memory lane, making me feel old.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TOP GUN on the NES anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Horrible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofM11nPzFo0

[/ QUOTE ]

i never actually played the first Top Gun, I started on Second Mission. Good old game genie...
Old 10-12-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

NHL 94 is the best snes game evar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-12-2006, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First, anyone who thinks MK64 is better than Super Mario Kart and that it's not close is either young or an idiot. When MK64 first came out the reviews were all deservedly mediocre, and playing against the computer sucked because of the cheating AI. SMK did not do this.

That being said, MK64 has had remarkable lasting appeal and might be an overall better game because of 4-player action - but it is close.

Anyway, for N64 games - Mario 64 and Zelda 64 are literally the two best games ever made (and that they're both at least top ten is not debateable). If you really loved Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie is nearly as good with better graphics. Banjo-Tooie and Donkey Kong 64 are not on the same level.

I've been making posts in OOT on the "videogame canon"...most recent one was SNES, N64 will be coming. Look for NES, Gameboy, and Sega Master System if you want to:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post7577523

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this sentiment. I prefer DD over MK64 by a large margin, and SMK just behind DD.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:38 PM

i just pre-ordered the wii today!