Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Wife problems

[ QUOTE ]
Any woman who even suggests that you might have to choose between her and your own child is worthless. I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire.
Leave her. Period. If it costs you every penny you have in the world it will be worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've said worse things to my wife during one of our heated arguments. People say awful things to people they love. Anger brings out people's inner beats. Not saying its right, but it happens. Don't take words at face value during said arguments.

You love your wife, make it work brother. She is not in the easiest of positions either. I seriously symphathize with everyone in this situation.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:32 PM

Fold preflop. Would have fixed this entire situation.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any woman who even suggests that you might have to choose between her and your own child is worthless. I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire.
Leave her. Period. If it costs you every penny you have in the world it will be worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to be pretty good advice.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to be pretty good advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys seem to forget that HE HAS A [censored] CHILD WITH THIS 2ND WIFE!!11111!!!1! He can't just take off.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:33 PM

Default Re: You All A Doormat........

[ QUOTE ]
My ex is crazy for not thanking god her son has a stepmom that wants good for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's so childish, she is refusing to pick him up from school because she's jealous of him (the question is, what's behind this? what is she jealous of specifically? closeness with your son that's lacking between the two of you? dislike of ex-wife who son represents?? this is all just armchair psychology - seems to me this is what you need to be talking about in counselling) and angry at his mom....that's not the behavior of a stepmom that a mom will thank god for.

[ QUOTE ]
Because she was very polite and made some good points in her initial email with absolutly no success.

That my ex wife has not been the easiest of people to get along with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I hear you...this is the part from your OP...

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, so my wife gets mad that my ex got mad. She asked me if I went off on her. I told her I tried to tell her she was wrong (IMHO) but my ex hung up on me.

My wife asked why I didn't call her back and cuss her out. I told her I've argued with my ex a million times. There was one of 2 things that would happen if I called back. She would either answer and cuss me out or not answer the phone at all.

So yesterday my wife emails me and says "don't call me, I won't answer. I won't be home when you get home".

Well she knows one of my pet peeves is I hate to be hung up on or for her to not answer the phone when she's pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kind of hard for people on a message board to mediate all this without knowing more details, but I will at least agree that she may have some reason to be pissed. At the same time, it sounds like she's acting pretty childish herself (and I mean before the nonsense about not picking your son up from school). Obviously though, it's not healthy if ex's are cussing each other out over the phone. Your wife may have a point about expecting more support from you with regards to your ex-wife, but....how long have you been married now? They've known each other for a while now, right?

Btw, if your ex-wife doesn't answer a call, IMO, that wouldn't be a bad time to leave a message laying things out for her the right way. When people are emotional, it's an opportunity for someone to think about what you're trying to tell her without having to respond immediately...it sounds like she didn't appreciate being "surprised" by your wife appearing at your son's game instead of you, and maybe a phone call from you prior to the game letting her know you were sick might have smoothed over any potential problems. It probably just gave her a convenient excuse to vent on you for other things.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you deserve better than these bitches. Time to move on for the sake of your sanity and the well being of your son.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm he also has a kid with the new wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. For all you guys in favor of his getting a divorce, do you not care about the little baby girl that he helped create? And these people are the little boy's family. What about doing what's in the best interest of all the children, which is, trying to work things out?

I like how everyone encourages the dissolution of a family just because tempers flared and people behaved selfishly. These are relatively typical issues for step-families, and we aren't hearing her side of it anyway. I'm pretty sure OP did not marry a batshit crazy witch.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure OP did not marry a batshit crazy witch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not as sure as you are.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:38 PM

Your pimp hand is weak.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:43 PM

I'm grunching here,

This woman could not truly love you if she's trying to make you choose between her and your son.

Good Luck.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. For all you guys in favor of his getting a divorce, do you not care about the little baby girl that he helped create? And these people are the little boy's family. What about doing what's in the best interest of all the children, which is, trying to work things out?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this in principal, but there is a limit to everything. You can't just say 'do whats best for the children' and have that be a blanket that covers every situation.

What if the wife was bringing home different guys to screw every weekend? Should the man just bend over and take it because it's best for the children? Clearly not. Thus, the premise of the argument - that the man should forgo his own desires because of the child involved regardless of anything else - is false. Without this premise, the argument you presented is invalid.

[ QUOTE ]
I like how everyone encourages the dissolution of a family just because tempers flared and people behaved selfishly. These are relatively typical issues for step-families, and we aren't hearing her side of it anyway. I'm pretty sure OP did not marry a batshit crazy witch.

[/ QUOTE ]
I personally think OP is doing a stellar job of trying to hold the family together at his own expense. He's put up with a heck of a lot of [censored], but nothing is working. At some point, you have to start considering other options... I'm pretty sure we're here in this case. When the wife tells you to choose between your son or her - I'm sorry, the decision is not close. She has to go.

It sucks for the little baby daughter, but think of the damage that having this hateful woman around his son is doing to him as well. A decision needs to be made, and it's impossible to satisfy everyone. Sucks, but that's how life is. I don't think this is a close decision at all. Course, it's easy to say when you aren't emotionally invested.