Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 03:26 PM

Default Re: 30 LBS in 90 days - Who\'s with me???

[ QUOTE ]
daryn,

"i'm thinking in terms of fighting now, because i have at least entertained the thought of getting in the ring."

This is a reason to weigh less, not more. Otherwise, unless you can punch like Tyson, you'll just get destroyed by guys who just crush your reach.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i know. that's what i meant actually. i kinda of worded it in the wrong order, but i was trying to say that's a good reason to get to or under 200, depending on the weight classes

the guy i'm lifting with right now is 5 lbs. lighter than i currently am, and there's no way i want to get in a ring w/ him
Old 11-02-2006, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
7 weeks and have lost 32 lbs already

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats! What have been some of your typical meals?

What sort of excercise schedule do you have?
Old 11-02-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Update?

[/ QUOTE ]

since this thread started I've lost about 13 pounds.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:00 PM

IMHO, another completely feasible option for meals are Lean Cuisines..before you laugh, consider them as an alternative for all those times that you want to eat fettucini alfredo and pizza - the food is remarkably good and even if you eat 5 lean cuisines a day, as long as you watch that you aren't getting some of the high (300+) calorie ones, you'll stay under 1500 calories.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody have success or stories about using fat burners in addition to diet/exercise? I'm curious about these and wonder if they work w/o killing you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the ephedrine/caffeine stack and it works great.

NO it is not banned, the ban was on natural ephedra (ma huang). Synthetic ephedrine is still legal, you can get it at bodybuilding.com, or other places.

Great for energy boost and appetite suppressant. Side effects include jitters and increased sweatiness, so maybe try 1/2 pill first to see how you react.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:15 PM

i've lost 20 in about 2 months, but then i started cheating on the diet and eating lots of fatty foods, and smoking a lot.

but i'm back on track now and i'm going to start working out and running a few times a week so hopefully the weight will start flying off again
Old 11-02-2006, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the corn in the microwave

[/ QUOTE ]

D,

Husk the corn and drop it into boiling water for 7 minutes.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
7 weeks and have lost 32 lbs already

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats! What have been some of your typical meals?

What sort of excercise schedule do you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

3 times a week doing moderate weight training
6 times a week doing 45-1hr of cardio
miscellaneous other sports when scheduled

my breakfast is either oatmeal or cereal (no milk cause I hate it) with different fruit

lunch is usually subway - roasted chicken, club, or turkey breast and ham, or I'll make my own sandwiches at home with fruit/veggies/whatever

supper is primarily chicken with different sauces and sides (salad, roast veggies, raw veggies, rice, noodles) or subway
Old 11-02-2006, 08:51 PM

I'm with you Surf! U can dooooooooooooooooo it.

I'm gonna start Fri Nov 3rd.
Game plan = Workout lots, run some, eat healthier.

I will weigh myself 4 times--- Beginning, and end of each month.

I will use mirror, and a scale of honesty (about workouts, eating, etc) to judge my success and feeling of accomplishment. (Scales suck, my goal is healthier/look better, not pounds). I'll def do a before pic for myself, and hope I can see a difference.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Update?

[/ QUOTE ]

since this thread started I've lost about 13 pounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make that 22 pounds...and I believe I underestiamted my weight by 10 pounds when I started this thread. I was probably closer to 190.

I still want to lost another 20 though...this is the hard weight to get off. Then the plan is to lift heavy for 3-6 months and gain some lean muscle back.

Although I've been working out at 4am every morning I'm sure my results are 95% a result of my drastic diet change...

About 2 months ago I made a drastic diet change, something inside of me clicked and I realized that food is not meant for taste and personal satisfaction, but exists to fuel our precious bodies which needs healthy fuel to live off. A car doesn't run well on crappy fuel, well same for the body obviously (not like this is ground breaking but many people fail to allow that switch to go off.) Basically I eat the same thing EVERYDAY and have taken a really natural approach. Lots of free range chicken, vegetables, basically zero sugars, I don't really like fruit. I've also lowered my daily sodium intake to below 1000mg/day which is good even though I want to get it closer to 500mg/day.

Daily protein consumption is up to about 120g a day and I'm positive I'm taking in less than 70 carbs total daily which is a big cut down.

I've also stopped eating once the sun goes down, and I don't eat anything prior to my morning routine, just slam a protein shake afterwards.

In addition to all of this for the past two months the only liquid I've consumed is H20 (and Gin+Water when I go out drinking)...I don't drink juices, sodas, diet sodas, tea, or coffee, just water. I piss like crazy but I feel and look much healthier now than I have in a long time.