Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2006, 01:07 AM

Default Re: What is the worst way to get knocked out of a WSOP event? $50 Pri

Get knocked out, and while jumping up and yelling in anger, get penis caught in zipper.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:25 PM

This isn't really funny, but it is true, and if you're a little sadistic, you might be entertained by it.

I'm in the 2k NLHE event, my first ever WSOP event. I'm enjoying it, and doing ok, having built my 2k stack to about 3k after a couple of hours. I get moved table and withyin a few hands pick up AA. I raise to 4BB from MP1 and a guy 3 seats to my left reraises to about 10BB. It's folded to me and I contemplate whether to call or push for about 30BB. I figure the guy wants to get the money in, so I push. He calls almost instantly and I expect to see him flip KK or the case AA. He shows KQo and I am ecstatic, as winning the pot will make me CL at the table and put me in a good position to go deep into the day with little pressure. The flop comes 249 and I'm pretty happy. The turn brings a Q, but I jokingly ask the dealer to keep it clean, not fearing being outdrawn. The K on the river is like a dagger to the chest and the chips scoot towards my opponent, who shows no emotion. I had him covered by like 900 chips, but at 50/100 blinds, I didn't last much longer.

Is it ok for me to still feel sick about this like a week later, or should I just grow some balls and get over it?
Old 07-08-2006, 04:52 PM

Default This Is Winner

After day 3 you are commanding chip leader and Harrahs tell you that you can not continue playing event until you pay them $100k you owe on taxes from last years finish in the money that Harrah forgot to collect.You dont have $100k and you are refunded buy in and you are out.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Re: What is the worst way to get knocked out of a WSOP event? $50 Prize

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a story from last years main event that I heard about (from day 3 of the 2005 main event):

A player raises pre-flop (with QQ) and is called by the big blind (with K4). I am not sure of exeact chip counts, but was told both players had average stacks.

The flop comes Q22. The BB moves all-in with a huge overbet. Guy with QQ calls instantly.

The turns and river are both 2's and the big blind wins the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah this can't be true because I didn't read of anybody getting killed at the WSOP last year.

But I did hear from a reliable source that this did happen a few years ago.

55x flop

guy with 99 goes allin 55 calls.

Turn 9
River 9 BOOM
Old 07-08-2006, 05:20 PM

One of the television crew accidentally drops a big light on your head, knocking you out... PERMANENTLY.

Oh, also you then get blinded out.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Prize will be given!!!

[ QUOTE ]
bubble of the HORSE event you play your A2346 strong with a short stack, not realizing that the game just switched from Razz to 7 card stud

[/ QUOTE ]
very similar to what i was thinking. i'm thinking bubble of horse, short stacked, but you know if you can just get one more pot, even just the antes, you'll cash. first hand of stud, you find rolled up aces. you raise and get one caller, who calls again on 4th street putting you all-in. you're aces don't improve, after 7th street he say's "its yours, i got nothing but jack high," then flips over his pocket cards showing (A4)75JQ(K), but, he has a flush, all the chips are pushed to him, and you fail to cash because he played his hand thinking it was still razz.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:37 AM

You've reached your dream. Your are heads up at the final table with a slight chip lead when your opponent moves all in preflop.

You look down at your cards and see the beautiful pocket aces and announce "call".

Just as you turn your hand over Scooby doo comes out of nowhere and eats your aces confusing them for a scooby snack.

Your hand is declared dead and you come in 2nd.

Rah Roh
Old 07-11-2006, 02:37 PM

I'm pretty sure its being blinded out on the bubble because you've been taken hostage and are currently being tortured, only to die days later.

I mean, come on. It is just poker. It is just a game. Anything that doesn't actually involve physical pain and/or death cannot even be close.