Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2006, 12:18 PM

Default Re: *Official* Rizen FT @ WSOP $1500 PLHE Thread!

Thanks for all the positive vibes/sweat guys. This is going to be a TOUGH final table, and things can change in a hurry with these blinds, but I like my chances going in. If my good hands continue to hold hopefully I'll bring it home.

-Rizen
Old 06-30-2006, 12:19 PM

Dear Rizen,

Fu

Regards,

-Shawn

Ps.. I hate you.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This seriously defies all logic. You are the man, keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

For idiots like me who have no idea who Rizen is or what he has accomplished besides this WSOP FT (fantastic!), would someone enlighten me as to what kind of run he's been on??
Old 06-30-2006, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For idiots like me who have no idea who Rizen is or what he has accomplished besides this WSOP FT (fantastic!), would someone enlighten me as to what kind of run he's been on??

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I haven't exactly been keeping track, I would say he's been on a pace of 2+ FTs a week for... I don't know, months. And large stake FTs too. He's basically owned all high-stakes Paradise Poker MTTs for like half a year now, as well as putting up amazing results elsewhere (won the Stars $1M (no chop), etc).
Old 06-30-2006, 12:24 PM

Pssht. Only one of the most sucessful online poker players of all time. Won the Stars Sunday late in May.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:25 PM

Rizen, you need to edit your location.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pssht. Only one of the most sucessful online poker players of all time. Won the Stars Sunday late in May.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is probably an exaggeration considering he doesn't really play cash games. but he's without a doubt one of the most profitable online MTT players ever.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Just look at his posting history. Every post with a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] icon is one he started for a final table he made.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:49 PM

At first I thought Rizen was just some regular guy on a complete and total heater, but given he's been on this "complete and total heater" for what seems like months on end now, he's a sick player.

WTG Rizen, make sure to smile for the cameras [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2006, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dom,

Here's his blog account of his Q1 results in 2006.
Very impressive $$$ for someone who only plays MTTs.
His ROI and other #'s are excellent as well.

This was before he won $165K in the big Sunday Stars tourney.

If variance is a bitch, its Eric's bitch.

[ QUOTE ]
Q1 results

I may regret doing this, and it may come down soon if it causes problems, but I've been asked by a lot of people to post some of my results. Since I've been gathering data for my quarterly taxes this year already, I thought it might be interesting to look at my results from the first three months of the year and put a little analysis with them. My finances really aren't anyone's business though, and if it becomes an issue I may take this down. Without any further delay, here they are as well as some discussion on them.

# of tournaments played: 635

The first quarter is about 13 weeks, so that breaks down to just under 50 per week, and playing 5 days a week it's about 10 per day, or about where I thought I'd be. I expect this number to be a little higher in Q2 since I have a little more time to play. I wouldn't be surprised if I managed 800+ in Q2

Average buy in: $148.29

That's about right. I play mostly $100-$200 buy ins with some $30 rebuys in there as well. I expect this # to stay about the same in Q2, althouhg it may rise a little since I'm playing the $100 rebuys more often and I got in the Masters events this quarter

Total tournament expenses: $94,165

This # might freak some people out. As most people who talk to me know, I view the money I spend on poker as an investment. In this case, as future paragraphs will bear out, it turns out to be money well spend.

Total tournament cashes: $226614.25

Yes, Q1 was a good quarter. In terms of ROI it's honestly about on par with what I was at for '05 though, so I don't see any reason Q2 can't be just as good, although it's certainly off to a worse start than Q1 was. I did have a stretch in February though where I ran badly for a significant amount of time (almost the entire month), so my track record allows me to stay optimistic.

Net profit: $132449.25

Simple math gets you here. My tax bill is going to be painful, but if I'm paying it to the man then I'm making more than I pay, which I'll gladly take.

ROI: 140.66%

They say good players have an ROI in the 50-100% range, so at least for this quarter, I blew that away. For '05 I had around a 150% ROI, so this has been pretty consistent with my past results. Honestly though, I expect this # to drop as the year goes on because I'll be adding some daytime and Masters-like tournaments where the fields are much tougher, and while my profit should be greater overall because of it, my overall ROI may drop due to the tougher fields.

All in all it was one of my best quarters to date, and was a large part of why I felt leaving my job and doing freelance/contract work was a viable option for me to spend more time with my family since my 'hobby' does a pretty good job of paying the bills.

Some other interesting notes, my most profitable poker sites, in order, for Q1 were:

Paradise Poker
Empire Poker
Ultimate Bet
Full Tilt
Poker Stars
Party Poker

(PokerRoom and Bodog are not included as I track them together in a separate spreadsheet since Poker Tracker doesn't suppor their results entry too easily). Oddly enough, I'm actually down on Party and Stars for this year, which is weird since Party was my most profitable site last year, with Paradise in second and Stars in 3rd. I've had a really rough time in '06 on Party, so I'm hoping that turns around soon.

-Rizen [/qutoe]