Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 03:33 PM

Default Re: How do I lose weight when Im an alcoholic?

I didnt read every post. How old are you? if yhou are 18-mid 20 something, you can get away with working out 3-4 days a week, eating a mostly clean diet, and still drink, and get in great shape. Once you get older you are either going to need to cut back on the booze, or eat extremely healthy and workout. a lot.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:38 PM

maybe you could drink so much you pass out for half the day. That way you can't eat and voila! Lost weight.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:42 PM

Try CLA and/or GLA, both have have been shown to reduce abdominal fat. GLA has also been used to treat alcoholism, and is a precursor to AA which alcohol has been shown to strip away in animal studies. If you truly have an alcoholic physiology, which I am suspicious about since sometimes you only drink 2x in a week, you may have a weak delta6 enzyme system which is used to convert plant fats to the more advanced animal fats, and you would need to either increase your animal fat/ calorie ratio, or supplement consistently.

If you want a better explanation, you can pm me, as I don't come by OOT very often.

John
Old 05-25-2006, 05:24 PM

You mostly eat regular food. I would usually drink one of those EAS protein shakes for my last meal of the day, and eat a metrix bar for my pre-workout meal. Those were the only "special" meals.

As for the protein and carb meals, they can be anything that's healthy, and each portion is supposed to be no bigger than your clenched fist. You'll be eating about every 3 hours. The proteins I usually ate included: chicken breast, tuna, and salmon. My most common carbs included wheat toast, baked potato (w/a little butter and pepper -- no sour cream, etc.), pasta, and white rice. You're also supposed to eat a couple of helpings of fruit/veggies throughout the day, but I usually just drank 2 or 3 glasses of fruit juice.

A typical day of meals for me was as follows:

- breakfast: egg whites (I would often cheat and eat regular eggs) and wheat toast
- 2nd and 3rd meals: a specially custom made lowfat chicken fried rice w/no eggs which I split into 2 portions
- pre-workout meal: metrix bar
- post-workout meal: chicken breast sandwich on wheat toast
- last meal: EAS protein shake

I would also drink several glasses of skim milk a day. Basically, I was building muscle and burning fat. I had been working out/going out to the bar solid for a few years before I started following this diet, and that's when I lost all of the fat and got my 6pak back.

For a list of more food ideas, there's a section in the book you can check out in the bookstore w/out buying it. They also have a website.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:36 PM

quit drinking
Old 05-25-2006, 05:38 PM

Eat more pizza.

Stupid question --> stupid answer.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not just drink regular beer? You do realize the only difference between a brand beer and its light counterpart is the alcohol content- that's why it has fewer calories. If you have to drink a third more, what's the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, but I wont need to worry about this because I am about to permanently enter the land of hard alcohol to lose weight, which will most likely be the land of some very bad blacked out nights and/or my death.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll say it:
Old 05-25-2006, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Run 80 miles a week. Eat and drink whatever (and as much) as you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I'd rather kill myself

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics please!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics of me killing myself? What the [censored] is wrong with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, sure, pretend I'm the first sick bastard you've ever encountered here. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eat more pizza.

Stupid question --> stupid answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot ass hole.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try CLA and/or GLA, both have have been shown to reduce abdominal fat. GLA has also been used to treat alcoholism, and is a precursor to AA which alcohol has been shown to strip away in animal studies. If you truly have an alcoholic physiology, which I am suspicious about since sometimes you only drink 2x in a week, you may have a weak delta6 enzyme system which is used to convert plant fats to the more advanced animal fats, and you would need to either increase your animal fat/ calorie ratio, or supplement consistently.

If you want a better explanation, you can pm me, as I don't come by OOT very often.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info man, but weve established that I am a "college" alcoholic, not an alcoholic in the traditional sense.