Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Eating Healthy

This might do better as a stand-alone topic, but what's the best way to prepare frozen chicken breasts? Lots of people said to eat (grill) chicken breasts, but nobody reported on if they were frozen or not.

I just bought a bag, and I've heard conflicting reports about throwing them on the Forman frozen, or thawing them out. Different on an outdoor grill?

Is there a taste difference between buying a huge bag of frozen ones, and buying the fresh raw ones? You guys think it's worth the time?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This might do better as a stand-alone topic, but what's the best way to prepare frozen chicken breasts? Lots of people said to eat (grill) chicken breasts, but nobody reported on if they were frozen or not.

I just bought a bag, and I've heard conflicting reports about throwing them on the Forman frozen, or thawing them out. Different on an outdoor grill?

Is there a taste difference between buying a huge bag of frozen ones, and buying the fresh raw ones? You guys think it's worth the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fresh is definitely better. You won't notice much difference really, but frozen ones do tend to dry out a lot quicker when cooking. Also the best way to thaw out frozen stuff is in the fridge obv. - especially chicken. Generally the best thing I could recommend in storing chicken breasts is to buy them fresh and, if you must freeze them, trim them beforehand and try to keep them as flat as possible before putting them in the freezer - not just in a ball. This way they'll thaw evenly and a lot quicker, and prep time once they're thawed is a lot quicker as there won't be any messing around with fat.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:12 PM

Recommendation:

Baked Sweet Potato w/ Salt, Pepper and Ground Paprika (Butter unnecessary).