Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Fashion - Going Out (Without Coming Out!)

check out my new sneaks

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...duct=MIHA-MZ24
Old 02-01-2007, 08:33 PM

guyontilt,
yay! i'm glad that you know the designer jeans fabulousness!

MEBenhoe,
nlsoldier was sitting next to me while i typed that saying "he doesn't have those stores, he doesn't have those stores", but i hoped that maybe if i gave you enough choices you'd recognize one :/ i honestly wouldn't get non-designer jeans tailored, because quality wise they probably won't hold up to make the value of the tailoring worthwhile. do you have a nordstrom's? <3 nordstrom's and guyontilt was 100% right about their phenomonal return policy.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:39 PM

Oh and just as a side note, the department stores in big cities are much better than the same department stores in smaller ones. They generally receive clothes a lot quicker and often before the "real release."

The Nordstrom in fashion valley in San Diego >>>>> one at Valley Fair in San Jose.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guyontilt,
yay! i'm glad that you know the designer jeans fabulousness!

MEBenhoe,
nlsoldier was sitting next to me while i typed that saying "he doesn't have those stores, he doesn't have those stores", but i hoped that maybe if i gave you enough choices you'd recognize one :/ i honestly wouldn't get non-designer jeans tailored, because quality wise they probably won't hold up to make the value of the tailoring worthwhile. do you have a nordstrom's? <3 nordstrom's and guyontilt was 100% right about their phenomonal return policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking I may have to make a combo gambling/shopping trip to the twin cities.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:06 PM

well why don't you just make a trip to SD, then and come to our fashion valley nordstrom's, and i'll take you shopping! i hear people at commerce give their $$ away anyway, and it's only an hour and a half away!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and just as a side note, the department stores in big cities are much better than the same department stores in smaller ones. They generally receive clothes a lot quicker and often before the "real release."

The Nordstrom in fashion valley in San Diego >>>>> one at Valley Fair in San Jose.

[/ QUOTE ]

San Jose's not exactly a small city. If you count the surrounding area, San Jose includes Silicon Valley and has many more people than San Diego--and that's not counting the Peninsula or the East Bay.

That Nordstrom usually has a better selection than the one in Hillsdale and the one in Stanford.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:04 AM

I took a shot in the dark and bought a pair of Paper Denim & Cloth Jeans from amazon.com during the summer for only $50. Turns out they fit me great in the waist. They're a bit too long, and I'm just too lazy to get them altered. I don't really know much about jeans, but they seem pretty nice. So what I guess I'm saying is that you can get reasonable jeans without breaking the bank.

On an unrelated note that was mentioned in the OP, I'm curious as to if there is any special tricks for skinny guys. I guess it depends on the way the person specifically looks, but are there any general dos and don'ts for skinny guys? I'm 22, 5'8 or 9 and I hardly ever break 140 on the scale. Although I like the look of a hip tshirt with jeans, a tshirt exposes my scrawniness and I don't think I should be going down that route, Although I've heard rumors that some chicks like skinny boys (I've never met any though).
Old 02-02-2007, 03:46 AM

I'm 6' and 145, the only thing I really avoid is tucking in shirts, it really highlights the freakish skinniness. I don't mind tshirts, even though my arms are skinny I lift a good bit so it isn't too bad
Old 02-02-2007, 04:46 AM

I wear jeans 90% of time that I'm out in a bar etc. I wear boots whenever I wear jeans, and I haven't seen anyone mention them as a fashionable footwear.

In the past I always wore classic ropers like this

I got a pair made out of ostrich skin that I've gotten several compliments on, but also several WTFs. They are also ropers, I can't handle the pointed toes.

I find them really comfortable but I am not sure how they rank fashion wise. What is the general school of thought on boots?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:43 AM

where do you live jbrent?