Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is in the more wrong here?
Anacardo mega wrong 3 2.31%
Anacardo semi wrong 6 4.62%
meh, can't tell 31 23.85%
Kitty semi wrong 40 30.77%
kitty mega wrong. 50 38.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Today I became a pro.

WTF. I wouldn't go pro until u can tap at least 100$ an hour dude. This is gonna be the ultimate grind.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he didnt play 100 games yesterday. He best pick up the pace.

[/ QUOTE ]I played 106 yesterday. My ROI was 10% and I made $37 at sngs and $25 at PLO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't bet on you but I'm rooting for you. GL. What's your bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]$500 in PS. I have $150 in UB, but I just play around at the penny tables and $1 tourneys there. I'm still working off a doposit bonus on UB.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:48 PM

Sounds like a noble quest mate, all the best!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he didnt play 100 games yesterday. He best pick up the pace.

[/ QUOTE ]I played 106 yesterday. My ROI was 10% and I made $37 at sngs and $25 at PLO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't bet on you but I'm rooting for you. GL. What's your bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]$500 in PS. I have $150 in UB, but I just play around at the penny tables and $1 tourneys there. I'm still working off a doposit bonus on UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

for the love of god if you know how to play sngs move up to the $6.50s. you're rolled for it, the rake wont eat you alive like at the 3.40s, and i dont think they are much tougher at all although its been a while.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Whatever you do, don't tell people you're an "Internet Poker Professional" (as listed in your profile). I don't care if it is your main source of income, I don't consider someone who plays $3.4 sngs a professional...and I think it would be embarrassing if someone asked you the stakes you play.

[/ QUOTE ]When I wrote that two years ago, I was playing $100, $200, and $400 PLO tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why do you say, " Today I became a pro"?

[/ QUOTE ]Because I wasn't a pro yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was an awesome response! Good luck, wickss.

Play the $6.50's as soon as possible. Better rake, and they have 9 players instead of 10, right? That will make it easier to be ITM...
Old 04-10-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$500 in PS. I have $150 in UB, but I just play around at the penny tables and $1 tourneys there. I'm still working off a doposit bonus on UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confident you can beat the 6.5s with your results. Give those a shot. You're almost rolled for the 16s.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:08 PM

Ok everybody, I felt it was time for me to step back into the fray here (remember, I'm wickss friend here in Wichita). I actually have a job, so I its difficult for me to get in here as often during the daytime. I wanted to address a couple items for his supporters and detractors and thank all for the great input so far.

The advice about him moving up is excellent. I think that is his intent later this week. 3 reasons why which have already been pointed out eloquently by you all:

1). He is good enough to beat the 6's
2). He is sufficiently rolled for them
3). The rake is significantly better

Secondly, for all those worried that wickss is headed for a poverty level lower than that of a homeless individual, it should be pointed out that the desire is to continue moving up in stakes steadily. The aspiration is to grow as a player to the point of making a respectable living at poker. We shall see as statistics are obviously stacked overwhelmingly against him. Thank you for all the input so far. I often laugh very hard at things I read on twoplustwo, but this thread has at times, made me laugh harder than I have in quite some time. This is a very intelligent community with an unbelievable sense of humor. Sometimes we all have to learn to not take life quite so seriously, and wickss is living out that principle to the absolute limit.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:10 PM

gl.

it's not like you're quiting a kick-ass job and go to a war and get killed. if you fail you'll still be alive [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played 106 yesterday. My ROI was 10%

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, $.34 per tourney just sounds funny. Anyway good luck to you and like others said move up to the $6.50's - making a buck per tourney there shouldn't be too difficult.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$500 in PS. I have $150 in UB, but I just play around at the penny tables and $1 tourneys there. I'm still working off a doposit bonus on UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confident you can beat the 16s with your results. Give those a shot. You're almost rolled for the [b]27[b]s.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Closed Thread