FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: K-fed
yea 2 15.38%
nay 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2007, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Bonds bitter over departure from Giants

[ QUOTE ]
Here's another story you'll never hear about, names changed not to protect the innocent, but to prevent anyone's preconceptions from being being objective.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not that many players have shoe deals, and I really would not be surprised at all if you told me any of them did this. Couldn't find any information on Ray-Ban deals though (damn flash site)
Old 10-26-2007, 01:41 AM

i seriously don't get how people are getting that redbean even personally likes bonds or says he's a good human or etc. etc. He's NEVER come CLOSE to arguing that at all. we don't know if he likes or hates him, and it does not matter if he does either. the fact that people keep replying saying "omg redbean stop trying to make it out like bonds is a good person" is just proof that you're just looking to get whatever you want out of it rather than objectively stepping back and looking at the situation.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A good example of the Mickey Mantle thing is this story (which is awesome) http://badideabluejeans.blogspot.com...-was-game.html
When people read this they think "Oh that's just the Mick", but when Bonds displays similar traits arrogance, promiscuity/disloyalty he is a terrible person.

[/ QUOTE ]

"she was a very nice girl and asked me what to do with the cum after I came in her mouth. I said don't ask me, I'm no [censored]-sucker"

hahahaha
Old 10-26-2007, 01:46 AM

vyse, would you like to make a bet 1:1 on whether redbean "likes" bonds?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:47 AM

why? i don't see how it's relevant. his points stand on their own whether he's secretly plotting to kill bonds or whether he's his biggest fanboy and has a Bonds Protector in his pocket or something.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Blaming the media for Bonds behavior and justifying Bonds behavior because there are other stars who are jerks are two empty arguments that are frankly beneath you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slow down, hoss. Run my posts back on the Tivo or something....I'm not blaming the media for any of Bonds behavior.....he's responible for his own damn self...their only responsible for shamelessly reporting it and often misrepresenting it, despite not doing the same with apractically any other person.....and I'm not justifying any behavior of his by giving examples of others....in fact, i don't think we've even discussed any of Bond's specific behavior at all, other than people saying they don't like him based on "being a dick" in some sweeping generalization, without really explaining what they meant or why.

As for the anecdotes....I'm simply relaying the obvious realities of the kind of stuff that happens in clubhouses every day....despite never hearing about it...in response to the guy who was worshipping the character of some player's in the game as something he looked up to based on the phoniness he saw displayed in the media.

[ QUOTE ]
The litany of bad behavior Bonds exhibited at ASU alone was beyond bounds, and its just continued to this day. Barry Bonds, baseballs greatest player and one of its nastiest people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a prima donna when I was 18, too, and thought I knew it all.

You'd be surprised that tons and tons of other people were too....except you don't see their stories being published 20+ years after the fact as part of a media blitz to profit off of a famous name in the news. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But don't let that bother you....you read it in a book, so it must all be true. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, though...what in particular makes you think Bonds is "nasty" as a person, and particularly one of the nastiest in baseball?

Remember, you're talking about in comparision to murderers, thieves, and some really terrible sumbitches in all of baseball...I can't for the life of me think you'd put Bonds at the top of the list just because he doesn't like talking to reporters.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:50 AM

and what is his point? that bonds is not as bad as some other egotistical [censored] in the bigs. cool. i agree. but bonds is still one of the biggest dbags ever.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:52 AM

Because you know him so intimately.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:53 AM

no but i heard some stories.

incidentally, do you think that "redbeans superstar" is a prick? or anyone that youve never met, but just heard things about?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant believe you clowns continually fall for red beans bs. so just bc the star player in his excellent anecdotes is not bonds means bonds is a great guy and his label as [censored] is completely misplaced? ya sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

The anecdote had absolutely nothing to do with Bonds, but was more a commentary on how several stars act despite what you are lead to believe when they put on their "fan face" and pander in front of the cameras.

Some of the meekest, mildest, greatest character, good teammates, consummate pros that you've been sold on in the media are acutally some of the meanest, dickish, horrible people when the cameras are off and the newsman isn't around.

You don't get that with Bonds. He don't play any character when he steps in front of the camera's or in front of reporters. For that alone, I respect the man and his ability to do it, while several other stars choose to take the easy route.

[ QUOTE ]

red bean has a lot of good things to say but hes one of the most disingenous posters on the site. it sucks bc he could make his point much stronger if he didnt revert to such garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, I thought people would be interested in a few anecdotes. I promise I won't share anymore.