Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: OOT, What is your life situation?

Gobias, I am in almost the EXACT situation that you are in. I am just turning 26 and can not find a teaching job in my area (Physical Education BA/MS)around my current location. I dont really want to move away, but I just may have to take that step. I am currently working for my fathers medium-sized family run business and have every opportunity to take it over, if I so desire.

Like you said, point B looks sooooo far away....
Old 10-24-2007, 06:52 PM

- 20 (21 in a month)
- I quit a degree in Architecture at Cardiff (Wales) because I hated the course and it wasn't what I wanted to do with my life. I planned to go back to Uni this September just gone, but never got round to it because poker was going well (200NL and some 400NL). Since I'm now officially bored as balls of poker, I am reapplying to study a History degree next September with a view to getting a real person job some day.
- Single atm - random hook-ups here and there but nothing serious atm. Live with my Dad and brother at home at the moment. Living in Wales with a poker player for a while but moved back here since I missed my friends a lot.
- Not really. I have realized that money isn't particularly important to me, so grinding out a tonne of money on online poker has no huge appeal to me. Playing poker for a living (for me at least) really lacks direction and purpose. I think I need both these things to be happy and balanced. Also poker can really [censored] with your social life and turn yourself into a hermit if you are not careful. Really looking forward to going back to University since I had a great social life the last time I went, just hope that I enjoy the course more.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:52 PM

30, software engineer in finance industry, married two years (no kids), very very happy. I changed jobs recently and got a puppy and things are really great.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to make a lot of money if it will cause me to want to buy a huge house or a sick car.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, 'cause that would really suck. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] opportunity costs my friend
Old 10-24-2007, 07:35 PM

-just turned 24
-work as a scientist in a lab, but quitting in the next month to play poker (200nl) and travel
-broke up with long term relationship girlfriend few months ago, messing around with other bitties now

overall i'm pretty happy i guess, wish i had other girlfriend back sometimes, and not too thrilled with the fact i'm working, but i'm moving out west to ski in 2 months and that's exciting!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:40 PM

-consultant
-long-term, long-distance relationship
-renter

working on eliminating the long-distance aprt of the relationship, and saving up money to buy
Old 10-24-2007, 07:48 PM

- I write code at a large university in Canada and some Unix admin type stuff (which I enjoy most). Benefits and pension are top-notch. Salary is somewhat acceptable... will go up when people start retiring (and I take their better jobs ldo). It's nearly impossible to get fired unless you come in spraying, so job security is hudge. I also donate a few hundred per month to poker.
- Great girlfriend, marriage is likely
- Sort of, I guess... at least I should be. I want to become more active, party less, etc. Working on this.

Interesting thread btw. Sounds like everyone is pretty much non-degen.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:04 PM

-US Marine, Recruiter
-Married, 3 kids
-Very happy, I couldn't of asked for anything more out life than I have right now.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:49 PM

- 3/6 NL grinder, even though Ive probably only played three full months worth of poker all year. College graduate but I was so burned out when I finished I didn't pursue more school immediately.
- Casually seeing a few girls, usually it's just me and my puppy at my place during the week.
-I'm manic depressive as hell it seems, one day I can't believe how lucky I am and think there are boundless opportunities for me, the next I hate everything and think I'm doomed for life. Plan right now is to grind hard all winter and save more then grad school next fall.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:52 PM

-Student, graduate at the end of fall semester, BA Political Science
-live with girlfriend, together for almost 4 years

I'm not particularly happy right now. It's mostly because I'm in a transitional period with graduating really soon and not being quite sure what I'm going to do. Future insecurity. Luckily, girlfriend does ok. I'll do ok to, I just don't know what it's gonna be yet.