Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Left-Brained or Right-Brained?

[ QUOTE ]
Tried it again and I still get them spinning in same direction for the same url while they go to different direction in the second url and changing direction randomly.

Try for yourself. Open up both url's three times and see...

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5675247,00.gif
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2007/10...brain-spin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, its a real optical perception thing, and it can appear to go EITHER way at any time depending on how you're processing the visual information. There is no url/mouse clicking trick, just stop it.

EDIT: clicked both of your links 3 times and she went clockwise 6 times. This of course means nothing.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tried it again and I still get them spinning in same direction for the same url while they go to different direction in the second url and changing direction randomly.

Try for yourself. Open up both url's three times and see...

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5675247,00.gif
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2007/10...brain-spin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, its a real optical perception thing, and it can appear to go EITHER way at any time depending on how you're processing the visual information. There is no url/mouse clicking trick, just stop it.

EDIT: clicked both of your links 3 times and she went clockwise 6 times. This of course means nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you watch them at the same time?
How do you explain two(tried only with one from each url at first but I thought that I might be manipulating it somehow if it's real) next to each other going different directions?

Then I tried 3x from each url and put them in random order. Looked at them for a while and I could tell which pics had the same url. They didn't change direction at the same time but when they did, all the pics from the same url changed direction.

I don't know what this proves if anything. What I can't explain is why 2 people looking at the same pic see it going different direction(unless they all don't know directions which is unlikely)
Old 10-15-2007, 11:06 AM

The urls have nothing to do with man, this is fact. Trust me.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:44 AM

"ok"

So if you have decided something goes like this you can't debate about it?

I am open to ideas. I am against the mass here so if someone has something constructive to say, please do.

Just telling what I discovered.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"ok"

So if you have decided something goes like this you can't debate about it?

I am open to ideas. I am against the mass here so if someone has something constructive to say, please do.

Just telling what I discovered.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh. dude, there's no conspiracy. it's an optical illusion. pause the image at any point and you can see that the woman could be facing in two directions. what happens on the left side of the screen is exactly what happens on the right. this is why she is moving up and down. if her foot stayed planted the spin would not be a mirror. her outstretched leg moves from the left to the right to the left to the right, etc. there is no around only left to right. we perceive an around, but there isn't one. we perceive a clockwise or counter-clockwise movement based on how we interpret her movements. when her outstretched leg goes from the left to the right if we imagine it to be moving away from us she will appear to be going clockwise and vice versa.

more simply, if we see the outstretched leg as her left leg, then it appears she moves clockwise, but if we see the outstretched leg as her right leg, then it appears she moves counter-clockwise.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:52 PM

I only see it going counter-clockwise, and can't make it switch. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

more simply, if we see the outstretched leg as her left leg, then it appears she moves clockwise, but if we see the outstretched leg as her right leg, then it appears she moves counter-clockwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see her outstretched leg as her left leg, but it is going counter-clockwise...
Old 10-15-2007, 02:47 PM

Trippy. I thought it was a hoax at first but now I can see her going the direction I want if I focus on the caption at the bottom.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:57 PM

i'm so glad i posted this
Old 10-15-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow that's trippy. It took me 10 minutes to see her counter clockwise. Half way through my brother came in and could only see her counter clockwise. I can now switch her to counter. The key IMO is to focus on her planted foot, block out the rest of the picture (with your hand or something), and picture her other leg spinning the way you want to see it before looking at the whole pic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, dude. This was driving me crazy. She still 'resets' a few seconds after I go back to seeing the whole picture -- and it takes me a good 15-20 secs to force the foot into seeming to go counterclockwise -- but I've definitely 'seen' her go counterclockwise 2-3 revolutions at this point.

Damn.

Of course, fact is that I am one of the most obsessively left-brained, logical people you would ever meet, so re this proving the whole right-brained/left-brained creative/logical dichotomy . . . well, not so much.