Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Review of Ace on the River

I am extremely disappointed with the lack of strategy content and overabundance of bs.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:02 PM

I concur with the original poster. 25 & 27 are the meat and potatoes.

I don't need advice on money management and the content re: emotional management did not make an impact even though I need to improve in that area.

Still, I'm happy with the book because Ch. 25 & 27 alone are worth the cover price.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:00 PM

Where did you guys get Barry's book? I was looking forward to the release so much that I preorded it in May on Amazon. It said that I should expect it July 7-9th. Right now my account says that it has yet to ship. I thought that maybe the release was delayed until I saw all the reviews on here.
Anybody else have this problem? If I find it at the book store, Amazon's getting a nastygram from me.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where did you guys get Barry's book? I was looking forward to the release so much that I preorded it in May on Amazon. It said that I should expect it July 7-9th. Right now my account says that it has yet to ship. I thought that maybe the release was delayed until I saw all the reviews on here.
Anybody else have this problem? If I find it at the book store, Amazon's getting a nastygram from me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same thing happened to me. I pre-ordered from Amazon in mid June. In early July, it said that the estimated shipping date was July 5. On July 5, it said that the estimated shipping date was July 6. On July 6 and July 7, it still said that the estimated shipping date was July 6, but it hadn't shipped yet. So on the evening of July 7, I canceled my order and ordered it again (from Amazon). It then shipped immediately.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:12 PM

Yeah, I preordered mine months ago. Just today they are "preparing it for shipment."
Old 07-13-2005, 04:12 PM

I ordered mine off Amazon on 7/5 and received it on 7/12.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:23 PM

Distribution and delivery of this book has been spotty at best. I am not sure why. My initial stock has not arrived yet and it is quite frustrating for me as well as for those of you who have ordered from ConJelCo.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Distribution and delivery of this book has been spotty at best. I am not sure why. My initial stock has not arrived yet and it is quite frustrating for me as well as for those of you who have ordered from ConJelCo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one and I am not retarded. I will wait patiently by the mailbox.

Maybe that's the hidden lesson of the book; patience.

I'm looking forward to getting my copy and finding out what all the fuss is about.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I wish I could get my $41 back because I feel duped. The hyped failed to deliver again.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why i don't follow big hype. At least not immediately. I look things up, ask people, let the dust settle before making decisions. I pay A LOT when I act hastily. This is a good example.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:04 PM

I've read the book and I totally agree with everything MicroBob says. If you've spent the last year or 2 reading this site then a lot of the stuff in the book seems to be very basic fluff. As a tournament player, I did enjoy the tourney hands section. I like the way he named the players he was up against.