Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Companies you hate

UPS blows, leave [censored] out in [censored] weather to get wet/snowed on. In fact, had a replacement cell phone left at my house and i didn't find it for over a week because it was under some snow.

Bestbuy is always screwing people over hardcore, and I really really don't like them. www.bestbuysux.org

I dont like walmarts policies or service but i still go there because of selection/prices/lack of alternatives.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:10 PM

Cox Cable
Old 03-16-2007, 10:59 PM

Circuit City - They wouldn't exchange a 22 inch monitor I bought from them 15 days ago when it started blacking out because they had a 14 day policy. [censored] i just wanted an exchange. Bastards.

Chicago
Old 03-16-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All the oil companies that are raping us with these gas prices. What a joke.

General Motors, Ford and any other US car manufacturer. I would really like it if I could buy a US car to keep some manufacturing jobs in this country but that is just impossible right now because their product sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could always buy a toyota and they have hybrids and they are just as many jobs here as across seas for their company. There the next big thing here. The big ones are gonna be seeking government assistance very soon cause they couldn't keep up with the change in times. By the way I have the Camry Hybrid, yeah it costs more but I love it and I don't have too hook those bastard oil conglimerates up as much with my money.

Chicago
Old 03-17-2007, 12:23 AM

AOL - I think they extort money from people. I bought a computer in November, used their trial (3 months) just twice...to set up my netscape account. I tried to logon to cancel but didn't know my passowrd for lack of using it and then forgot to call to cancel it by the February expiration and the charged me $25.

I noticed it the day after and when I called they wouldn't waive the fee (even though the account was only used twice initially and had been dormant the whole time. They kept telling me that it was a valid charge and I had to pay it, regardless of the circumstances. I will never ever do business with them again.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:25 AM

Wal Mart is disgusting. They treat their workers like cattle, pay them awful wages, they are a drain on most local economies, they sell low quality products, or cut the amount of active ingredient in higher quality products, they edit music they sell, employ illegal immigrants regularly etc.

They have a vicious right wing, screw the customer/screw the worker/devil take the hindmost attitude that I find repellant and unnecessary.

Note that no one has said they hate Costco. To the best of my knowledge Costco pays an excellent wage, treats its employees well, sells quality stuff, and remains very profitable.

Most people spend a large portion of their lives at work. So it matters to me if an employer needlessly contributes to a unpleasant working environment.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UPS blows, leave [censored] out in [censored] weather to get wet/snowed on. In fact, had a replacement cell phone left at my house and i didn't find it for over a week because it was under some snow.

Bestbuy is always screwing people over hardcore, and I really really don't like them. www.bestbuysux.org

I dont like walmarts policies or service but i still go there because of selection/prices/lack of alternatives.

[/ QUOTE ]

UPS > FedEx and DHL. UPS at least forces the "signature required" [censored]. I've had huge items from FedEx and DHL just left at my doorstep for anyone to grab.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AOL - I think they extort money from people. I bought a computer in November, used their trial (3 months) just twice...to set up my netscape account. I tried to logon to cancel but didn't know my passowrd for lack of using it and then forgot to call to cancel it by the February expiration and the charged me $25.

I noticed it the day after and when I called they wouldn't waive the fee (even though the account was only used twice initially and had been dormant the whole time. They kept telling me that it was a valid charge and I had to pay it, regardless of the circumstances. I will never ever do business with them again.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a ridiculous reason to hate a company. You made a mistake and get pissed that they enforce the terms you agreed to, give me a break.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Walmart, they do a wonderful job of going into nice little towns and making all their stores go out of business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude their stuff is cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

They really have some f'ed up practices though. They put a lot of pressure on other businesses due to their market dominance. Vlasic for example. They pressure Vlassic into producing 1-gallon jars of pickles instead of the smaller variety, and it costs vlassic big time. =link

Also, they aren't cheap about everything. Just some stuff. My dad, who's doing some physical therapy stuff, needed one of those exercise balls. $10 cheaper at Sears than at Walmart. Walmart blows ass.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Dell

[/ QUOTE ]

Dell is probably my favorite massive heartless corporation, not one person I know has had problems with their products or customer service.

My vote goes for Disney, Hertz, and I'm starting to hate Sony, they're fallin off hardcore.