Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2006, 01:31 AM

Default Re: preflop quiz...

1. fold
2. call
3. call
4. fold
5. raise
6. fold
7. does the button raise, if so i reraise
8. raise
9. fold call with 87s though
10. fold
Bonus: call. a reraise would do nothing to protect your hand nor would you be betting for value.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:05 AM

1. UTG raises, 2 coldcalls + SB calls, you're in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] getting 9:1 to see a flop.

- Fold. Pick a better spot. If you flop an ace, it's a good bet that someone has a better ace. If you don't flop an ace or a straight draw, then you are folding. I figure you'll flop an ace about 3 times, and win a third of those, and maybe you'll pick up something on two of the other 7 hands, a straight draw, but it will pan out less than half the time. Clear case of reverse implied odds.

2. three limps to you in the cutoff with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Call. QJ isn't good enough to raise, but it can make a number of good hands with the right flops.

3. two limpers to you in the SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Call. While I don't play any two in the small blind, 7-1 is clearly enough to try to flop a flush or straight draw.

4. two limps to you in UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

- Fold. Five players left to act that aren't in a blind, and any one of them could raise leaving you paying two bets with a mediocre hand out of position.

5. one limp to you on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

- Raise. I used to fold ATo like it was the plague, but with only one limper and position, it's probably the best hand.

6. UTG raises, one coldcall, you're in the cutoff with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Fold. AJs might be worth a cold-call, but you'll see a better ace often enough here to not want to pay two bets before the flop.

7. it folds to button who steals a lot (he's 40/15 or something so he's the laggiest fellow at the table). you're SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I tend to reraise this against any moderately loose raiser in a steal position. A stealer will often let go of bad hands when high cards flop, and will have his bad hands beat when he flops something lower than your PP. It comes down to knowing your opponents post flop, and knowing and paying attention to the players on your immediate left and right are always important to me.

8. two limps to you on the button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Suited broadway is always good for a raise on the button.

9. MP open raises. 4 people coldcall. SB calls. you have 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB.

I call here, but only because I'm closing the action.

10. 7 limpers wtf? you're SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

If the BB isn't a pre-flop maniac, then I call with just about anything in the small blind. Maybe I fold every hand with a deuce or a trey, but I'd call with this. If I thought there was a decent chance of BB raising, then I fold, no problem.

BONUS OMG POSTFLOP QUESTION
X. you see a free flop with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 7 people see a flop of 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. you bet, 3 folds, MP raises, Button coldcalls, 1 fold.

call, check the turn. You've only got one way to win the pot, and that's with the flush. You need three or more opponents to raise again with pot equity. I wouldn't bet this pot from EP, either, since the flush is the only way to win. If I had an overcard or some other kind of backdoor draw, then I might bet.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:21 AM

1. Fold. If A flops, I'll hate it.
2. Borderline fold. Call on the button.
3. Call. Getting 6:1 (my small blind is raked at PP) w/ a suited 1 gap, though they're low cards and we're out of position, I still call.
4. Fold. No way. Bad postion, suited one gap, excellent chance of having to pay two bets to see the flop.
5. Raise. I'm not a big fan of A10off but on the button with 1 limper, it's a raise.
6. Probably fold. Depends on the player. Even in a loose game, utg raise means something. It's close.
7. Raise. Highly likely we have the best hand. Hopefully BB will fold.
8. Raise. No comment needed.
9. Call. I've always wondered though. We're getting 12:1 but on the other hand, do we have 8% chance of winning? We could make a straight and get beat, etc. etc. Still, I call.
10. Call. See 9.
Bonus: Call. Probably up against a good K and a better flush draw or something but there's a lot of money in the pot.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:39 AM

Default Graph of results

Old 03-04-2006, 04:45 AM

Default My choices

1: fold (yes i tried to trick everyone)
2: call
3: call
4: call (44/62 of you said you'd fold at this table - just for fun go look through the thread and who said they would call).
5: raise (yeah everyone got this)
6: fold (a few said call which is worse than 3-betting, but they're both bad against a utg raise at this table).
7: 3-bet. someone said fold.. wtf? calling is not as bad but you really give yourself no chance to get heads up with some dead money in the pot.
8: raise
9: call
10: call

something very interesting between 9 and 10. the results were the same. yet in the 87o hand it was raised preflop, so you're calling a whole SB instead of half of one. you're also facing generally better hands. 97o should be an autocomplete getting such an insanely good price from the SB here. so this is a weird result.

bonus: call. 3-betting is disgusting. about one fourth of you said you would 3-bet. you should probably search for some equity/implied odds discussions regarding flush draws.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:52 AM

Default Re: My choices

Dave C,

The ATo question was worded

"One limper to you OTB"

This is why I said "it depends". All 3 options could be considered here depending on where the limper is. I'm certainly not going to raise with an UTG limper and I would raise everytime with a CO limper. Calling could be an option as well in some spots.

The T8s hand is a no brainer IMO. If I think I can get 4:1 preflop, I'm cruising in with T8s all day long.

GB

Edit - A big reason to limp the QJs is because we have the button. Give us the CO and I would certainly raise. Raising is okay on the button too, but it is more player dependant. Namely you would raise against average to poor players but just call against very poor players.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Graph of results

Sweet graph. Hmmm...maybe 3betting that flop isn't good...
Old 03-04-2006, 04:55 AM

hey shill, at 0.5/1 theres hardly a difference between a 40/8 guy's UTG limping range and late position open limping range.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:20 AM

Sorry Miles I jumped straight to the end of the book.

I thought this was interesting from Shillx.

[ QUOTE ]

Edit - A big reason to limp the QJs is because we have the button. Give us the CO and I would certainly raise. Raising is okay on the button too, but it is more player dependant. Namely you would raise against average to poor players but just call against very poor players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another reason for calling (even though I raise this 90% of the time), is if you have aggressive villians in the blinds.

And what's up with all the T8s folders?
Old 03-04-2006, 06:03 AM

W00t. I don't totally suck.

Right after I posted my answers, I realized that in Example #1, UTG raised, which means our A5 is probably crushed and 9-1 may not even be enough. So it's now a fold. I might still play it on certain conditions, but I didn't want to edit my post when it looked like I was outnumbered.

I still think the QJs is a limp given there's only two others in. One more and I can see a raise, but we want a multiway pot and I don't think three-handed is considered "multiway".