Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Jman\'s River c/r Hand of the Week (300/600nl)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the anything can be done about multiple people using the same account, nor is there anything really wrong with it - insofar as everyone should accept it as a possibility and just deal with it.

The problem is that he is a representative of the site, supposedly using his real name. That's the bigger issue in my mind, and FTP shouldn't stand for that.

[/ QUOTE ]
But okay I think in this case it's a clear and drastic moral violation, not only by the players who are being paid to represent the site, but for the site for not cracking down on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate to stereotype but because it's fun sometimes, I'm going to do it. Is it ironic that FT is run by a bunch of live professional players?
Old 01-10-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno maybe this has already been discussed, but does anyone else think its completely unethical for multiple people to be using this account? Perhaps this is some common practice I don't know about, but in my brief glance at this thread no one seems to have even made a peep about it. It's not as if knowing your opponent is a minor point of headsup play, and here we are playing 300-600.

Not only that but the player is a paid representative of the site. In all honesty I think that if there was any proof of someone else using this account, the player who played against them should be entitled to a 100% refund should they have lost any money.

Anyway I think its disgusting. First its disgusting of the players involved to take advantage of their opponent lkie this. I find this as bad if not worse than what ZJ did, yet in that case we get a 200 page thread about how he's a giant cheater, whereas here it's like no big deal.

Secondly it's disgusting of FTP to turn a blind eye to this. Based on the comments I've seen in this thread this is clearly happening and most people know about it.

I mean really wtf? How do you guys who lambasted ZJ over and over just sit back and ignore this and instead just casually analyze the hand in question. It's unbelievably hypocritical that no one is making a big stink out of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a justification, but maybe one of the reasons this doesn't shock/offend many people that much is because the effects of covering up your name should be relatively short-lived. I mean, screen names sometimes bias somebody but (especially in HU sessions) you normally figure out how a guy's playing based on how he's playing, not player notes. So it's not like the advantage of using someone else's sn is SO huge: after 15 minutes or so your opponent's sn should be mainly irrelevant.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:06 AM

Those first 15 minutes can definetely hurt though.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with those who said that a c/r is his only river play with a big hand, and I agree, but I don't think he can have a big hand besides 77 with the flop action. I think an ace bets the river too almost all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW this was my thoughts. However, I wouldn't have the balls to call with a pair of sevens here, so I would end up folding while saying something like "[censored] Antonius is too sick".
Old 01-12-2007, 02:09 AM

i would say AXd, but he would prob. raise the flop with that, only hands that really makes sense to me are any 9, a smaller pocket pair, or complete air.

nevermind, just saw results.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:00 PM

fwiw, im not betting this river very often if ever. HOWEVER, if i did, id be calling the shove against antonius. if he thinks ur bluffing or betting real light aba's right, hes check shoving everything on that river. its a really sick spot. holla
Old 01-23-2007, 12:57 AM

god this is a sick hand...

i don't see anyway i can give any type of real analysis on this hand. you're both thinking players and the flow of the match up to this point obviously can make this an insta call or an insta fold

the fact that you say you dont have much history together probably makes me lean towards a call. your line is pretty much face up as a one pair hand, though i think it looks more like an Ace than anything else. he could have gotten to the river with a wide range of hands, esp missed draws and small pairs - hands that all would probably do better to check raise or fold than call in this spot. since you say you dont have much history, i wouldnt assume he's thinking on too many ridiculous levels, ie: "he knows you know that he knows his line could definitely be a bluff since he knows your line is not too strong

im kinda drunk so that prob didnt make any sense but hey i gave it a shot.

ps: whatever you thought to do in that spot, i would just go with your instincts. there's a reason you play so high. your subconscious is doing a far better job taking in all the little details that your mind doesnt consciously notice and that we certainly cant consider here on an internet forum
Old 09-10-2007, 12:54 PM

bump for awesomeness

(got linked to it in another thread)
Old 09-10-2007, 02:54 PM

wow, I never have read this thread, thanks for the bump.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also, i don't think you can completely rule out trips here. maybe way less likely than his other hands, but if this is antonious... not that i've played with him or even watched him play, but i'd just assume that he's going to be totally randomizing the way he plays strong hands throughout the match in order to throw off your hand reading. it's also a very real possibility for him that you're valuebetting a big ace and he may be less likely to c/r bluff the river because of this. i guess IF i bet, which i'd never do, i'd end up folding.

with that said, this is a really cool hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice Post.

and Jman, update your blog...