Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How long have you been playing seriously?
20yrs+ 4 1.21%
15-20yrs 2 0.61%
10-15yrs 1 0.30%
8-10yrs 1 0.30%
5-8yrs 4 1.21%
4-5yrs 8 2.42%
3-4yrs 19 5.76%
2-3yrs 80 24.24%
1-2yrs 141 42.73%
less than 1 year 70 21.21%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: 9/11 Conspiracies: Fact or Fiction?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
would yall believe me If I told you...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a setup question, right? You're going to make a point about the unreliability of uncheckable rumors?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Not setup or level. Just What I know but am NOT ALLLOWED to prove.

Take it for what it's worth in that it doesn't sit tightly with either side's strongest arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if i thought you were FOS this last sentance is basically what i've been saying. i'm vehemently arguing against the US participating in the attack or helping terrorists out or blowing things up themselves. simple logic should suffice to prove that (but doesn't in many cases)

what you say makes much sense though regardless of your beliveability to this forum.

Barron
Old 08-26-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my point is simply that conpiracy theorists tend to be poor logical thinkers and would do badly on probability exams.

[/ QUOTE ]

One might extend that half a step further and say that conspiracy theorists, on average, would make worse poker players...

[/ QUOTE ]

first off, that statment (conspiracy theorists & their logic or lack thereof) is simply based on reading in this forum and talking with huge supporters of the movement. it is all my personal experience with the sample of people with whom i've come into contact.

it may be the case that there is a whole state of statisticians that are huge 911truth believers. i just have never met them or heard them argue.

as far as poker goes, i'd be more worried about their emotional investment in the results than the lack of stringent logic. you can beat poker even if you aren't a very logical person. you can't beat poker if you are too emotionally invested in your results, imo.

Barron
Old 08-26-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I call BS on Teabag. You can say whatever you want and hide behind a veil of "I can't say anything".

[/ QUOTE ]

what is this guys supposed background?

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't say, but he wants you to know that he's really cool and important and knows lots of super-secret stuff that you don't.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:15 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
One of the guys from the flight school said one of the attackers could barely fly a single engine cesna, but we are suppose to believe he could fly 4(right?) engine jetliner into a building or the pentagon?

[/ QUOTE ]

Flying a cessna is a piece of cake. I've flown one about a dozen times back when I was in grammar school with my dad, so did my eight year old sister. Landing & taking off, now that's something else all together, since I've never tried and I wouldn't want to. You find a pilot to take me up in a cessna, then let me have the controls, and I could fly that sucker into anything you like. Give me a dozen lessons in a simulator, and I'm confident I could fly a jetliner into a giant building, as long as you have a real pilot to get us airborne.

I'm betting that when you say, "One of the guys from the flight school said one of the attackers could barely fly a single engine cesna," that the flight instructor's evaluation is based primarily on the attacker's "take off's & landings."
Old 08-26-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I call BS on Teabag. You can say whatever you want and hide behind a veil of "I can't say anything".

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't say, but he wants you to know that he's really cool and important and knows lots of super-secret stuff that you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he has a legitimate background merely because I don't see him advancing any agenda either way, which is why I think the point he's making is worthy of consideration, unlike many others.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he has a legitimate background merely because I don't see him advancing any agenda either way, which is why I think the point he's making is worthy of consideration, unlike many others.

[/ QUOTE ]

that, and what he says makes much more sense than a lot of what i read here.

Barron
Old 08-26-2007, 09:42 PM

I really want to know what he knows.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:02 PM

I know he was in the Navy for some time (maybe 7 years?). I dont see what he would know about what happened on 9/11 that people would really care about/be all that earth shattering. If this guy knew anything of measure he wouldn't be teasing people with it on F'n 2p2
Old 08-26-2007, 11:27 PM

Well I happen to know for a fact that the 911 conspiracy nonsense was started by agents of the state to discredit government critics.

I wish I could reveal how I know this, but then the channel of information would be sealed.

PM me.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:41 PM

No way this many people are getting leveled by TeaBag. Well played sir, well played /bow.

Cody