Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Best/Worst Date ideas and experiences

Chopstick,
I LOVE your idea of just walking around. I hate how everyone assumes that a good date = spending lots of money. One of my favorite dates was going to the National Christmas Tree!! Super cold meant that it was a perfect excuse to snuggle, and we went over to the Roosevelt Memorial (all waterfalls), and it was frozen over so it looked like we were in an ice castle.

I would really like walking around here in San Diego: Seaport Village, La Jolla, Coronado...sounds a lot more appealing then my average sitting on www.perezhilton.com while SO plays poker. A little bit of effort = a lot of payoff!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:20 AM

My best date and date idea ever was from last year:
My girlfriend lived in the suburbs of NJ while I live in downtown manhattan, so we took the NJ transit train to hoboken and then the PATH into the city. I picked a random day in august when she was going to come into the city. I took the train out early in the morning and surprised her as she was getting on to see me. I had a nice flower for her, which is a plus. We walked around the city through soho (always a fun afternoon, for those in NYC), then saw a movie at Angelica theater on Houston (I think it was Broken flowers with Bill Murray). Then we walked down to a pretty nice restaurant near my house and had a fantastic dinner (At the Harrison in TriBeCa, fwiw). The whole day cost me a just little over $100, was completely romantic and sponanteous, and made her very happy: Definetly a worthwhile experience.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:52 AM

Harrison Inn = awesome.

Dinner for 2, nicely under $100, not possible with tip and tax that I've ever seen. God forbid you order drinks.