Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: On The Lot

Man, has this show failed to deliver. I've gone from "hey, this is a really cool show," to "it's pretty good," to "meh," to "I've come this far, I might as well keep watching, to "I don't like this show."

My biggest problems with the show:

1) The previews of each film eliminate any surprise and shape the viewer's opinion too much. Ex: every time a director talks about how concerned he was about the puppets looking realistic, all I do is watch to see how fake the puppets end up looking.

2) Adrianna Costa, obviously.

3) Fisher and Marshall. They come off as way too old for the show. They never seem to "get" anything. Most of what they say is ridiculous. The guest judge is the only decent one every week.

4) Specific to this past show: "Comedy with a hint of romance." Call it a [censored] romantic comedy, please.

5) Ford. My theory is that the producers either a) tell a specific director that he must feature a Ford automobile in his film, or b) tell the directors that one of them has to, and it's up to them to figure it out. Pretty much every Ford commercial/film has blown hard. The car dealership one was the only tolerable one off the top of my head.

I will at least give producers props for ditching the stupid American Idol elimination ceremony.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:56 PM

Bonus Feature - (Zach) - This one basically proved to me that Zach is really only good at special effects. Concept blew, execution was okay I guess, dialogue blew, and it wasn't entertaining at all.

Girl Trouble - (Adam) - Stupid. Saw it coming a mile away. What's with the ripoffs from Adam and Zach?

Unplugged - (Will) - Wasn't sure what was happening to whole way through but still liked it. Will is the frontrunner to win imo, even though he is still making near silent films.

The Lawn - (Andrew) - What was the point? Kind of okay idea, cheesy very cheesy execution, and I might've laughed if I was back in the 5th grade.

The American Hoe (Sam) - I want my 2 minutes back. Films are supposed to be (ofc there are exceptions) the moments between ordinary life. This was very ordinary and yawn. Nothing entertaining about it at all. And ooooooo la la at the fancy envelope montage, you are so awesome that you spent 10 seconds of story time showing us that she was licking envelopes.

Old Home Boys (Jason) - Decent, semi-entertaining. Felt like a played out concept with the dance battle and all. Jason's still a solid director and will probably be in the final three.

UGH overall at the show. I don't think it's coming back next season which is a shame cause I wanted to be on it. Also I don't see why Adriana is so hated. She is smoking hot and does her job fine.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:31 AM

Wow, Popinjay was even harder on Zach than I was. And yeah, I guess Jason's idea is a little played out. He's a good filmmaker but this latest concept wasn't spectacular. I guess it's difficult to come up with fresh ideas and dialogue in only a few days. I keep wondering what I would do if I had their challenge.

I want you to be in next season's On The Lot, too! I think it would be awesome. They had better not cancel it.

Adriana has great legs but rather annoying oratory skills.
(Did you see Carrie Fisher all over GM at the very end there?)
Old 07-27-2007, 03:30 AM

popinjay, it's pretty simple:

[ QUOTE ]
She is not smoking hot and does not do her job fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

katy is right, though, she does have nice legs and i'm not a leg person. but, seriously, who gives a [censored] if she is hot or not, the point is that she sucks at her role. her voice is annoying and she is constantly tripping over the script. the things that come out of her mouth when she is ad libbing are completely ridiculous.

this was definitely the worst week for zach. the other films had some potential, but really failed to deliver at key points. overall, this week was better than last. that said, despite the changing genres, everything feels the same and it's pretty dull at this point.

also, way to go america for voting off the last minority. down to the final six and surprise surprise...all white dudes. vive la difference!
Old 07-27-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Adriana has great legs but rather annoying oratory skills.
(Did you see Carrie Fisher all over GM at the very end there?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... on Adriana I guess I just have a thing for tan dark-haired girls. And I didn't watch the full episode but just did online and wow, that was the funniest moment of the show! What is Carrie on?/What did she do?
Old 07-27-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) The previews of each film eliminate any surprise and shape the viewer's opinion too much. Ex: every time a director talks about how concerned he was about the puppets looking realistic, all I do is watch to see how fake the puppets end up looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i specifically don't watch that part of the show for this reason. just change the channel or mute it.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:47 PM

I haven't read this whole thread but has Gary Marshall gone senile?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's absolutely ridiculous.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's absolutely ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mork once said, "We have nothing to fear but sanity itself."
Old 07-28-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i specifically don't watch that part of the show for this reason. just change the channel or mute it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you MUST watch this show DVRed. Doing otherwise is begging for your time to be wasted.