Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker 4/2

This was definitly one of the better episodes, really enjoyed watching it. The way Brad Booth put in those bricks of cash looked pretty cool.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:14 AM

Anyone who thinks Booth was representing a straight there is crazy. I've heard of this guy playing more mind games at the table than anyone - I think he was saying, "you can only call me with one or two hands here so I'm taking this pot." Even if he loses the 300k there it could be worth millions to him to make that bluff. It would have been the biggest pot ever played on TV. He brought a million to the table and he was determined to move all in with the worst possible hand. And now we are all talking about it.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Board: 7s 6d 3d
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 19.292% 18.69% 00.60% 7216 232.50 { KdKh }
Hand 1: 80.708% 80.11% 00.60% 30929 232.50 { AA, 77-66, 33, 9d8d, 8d7d, 7d5d, 7d4d, Ad7h, 76o, 54o }

[/ QUOTE ]

That range of possible hands is too large. With the pre-flop action and the implied odds left in Ivey's stack, the only reasonable hands to call with were 77 and 66.

Ivey wasn't that afraid of aces, he was afraid of a set and obviously he didn't think that Booth was capable of making such a bluff.

Also we don't know his criteria to call or fold in such a spot. Maybe it was a percentage call based on color combinations and the cards "told" him to fold in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to quote myself to correct the statement. Of course Ivey put Booth on a pair. Now it all depends which range of pairs it was. 22-55 is a bit weak to re-raise in the first place, so probably something 66-xx. Maybe 66 up to JJ. Now with the 6 and the 7 in the flop 2 out of 6 possible pairs hit the set. Adding AA in the equation it looks that Ivey felt it wasn't worth his money.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:25 AM

4.5 million on the table - the average stack is 938BB, and no one is sitting with less than 250K. Sick.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:07 PM

I like how PA and Benyamine rebuy just in case they double up. I wonder who is playing outside their bankroll limit at this table or if someone has there entire BR on the table.

On the Ivey/Booth hand I think Ivey was scared, that was a lot of money even for him. Put Negraneu in that spot and he probably calls.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:15 PM

I love Dags' quote:

"You see flops, you see how people tend to play. It's not just like, 'I have 66, he has AK, lets throw it all in preflop', and whoever gets lucky is the next TV superstar."
Old 04-03-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like how PA and Benyamine rebuy just in case they double up. I wonder who is playing outside their bankroll limit at this table or if someone has there entire BR on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have some of the best high stakes players in the table and you think some of them might have their whole BR infront of them? (oh yeah, I forgot.. DN and Benyamine are busto...)

[ QUOTE ]
On the Ivey/Booth hand I think Ivey was scared, that was a lot of money even for him. Put Negraneu in that spot and he probably calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
You just don't make 400BB calls with an overpair. It's not being scared, it's good poker.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love Dags' quote:

"You see flops, you see how people tend to play. It's not just like, 'I have 66, he has AK, lets throw it all in preflop', and whoever gets lucky is the next TV superstar."

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. This was priceless.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You have some of the best high stakes players in the table and you think some of them might have their whole BR infront of them? (oh yeah, I forgot.. DN and Benyamine are busto...)

[/ QUOTE ]

How many players at this table do you think are using proper bankroll management (i.e. they have at least 20 buyins in their BR)?
Old 04-03-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] What bankroll do you think is required in a game this size? I don't know all the player bankroll's but I'm guessing some of them could be hurt if they lost a couple of buyins.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You just don't make 400BB calls with an overpair. It's not being scared, it's good poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the fundamental theorem, good poker is what Booth did, not Ivey. Then again I would think that Ivey has played with booth many times and knows how he plays.