Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: What the anarchcapitalists need to understand: Moral clarity

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If there is no government, who will prevent terrorists from setting off a nuclear bomb in a major US city?

[/ QUOTE ]
If there was no American government there would be no [censored] pissing off people in middle east by setting up puppet dictators and invading them.

[/ QUOTE ]

But... had there been no government to piss off the middle east (due the risidual affects of trying to defeat communism) then we'd all be speaking Russian, German, or Japanese.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If there is no government, who will prevent terrorists from setting off a nuclear bomb in a major US city?

[/ QUOTE ]
If there was no American government there would be no [censored] pissing off people in middle east by setting up puppet dictators and invading them.

[/ QUOTE ]

But... had there been no government to piss off the middle east (due the risidual affects of trying to defeat communism) then we'd all be speaking Russian, German, or Japanese.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure that? The French had a government, and it didn't seem to do them much good.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems that if a group of misguided individuals got together and formed a state, they could potentially grow by theft until no individual or group of like-minded ACists could defend themselves against them - kind of like the situation now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nonononono.

When a group starts extorting people, they are viewed as criminals and dealt with accordingly. However, the big difference between the state and common thugs is that the state has ideological support. Drop the support and the things collapses before you can count to 15 (911 winkage).

The economical model of the state is completely ludicrous and is seriously based on the acceptence of the people. Imagine what would happen if the whole of Canada would view the state as thugs, and Canada govt has at this moment 10K soldiers to be used in combat. LOL0WNAGE.

[/ QUOTE ]

nielso,

Would you fabricate "proof" of say the US govt planning and carrying out the 911 attacks if you were 70+% sure that it would be believed and that that belief would destroy faith in the state to the extent that an AC society could develop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the point of the question, nor does it seem logical in any way.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The biggest threat to Americans is the United States government.

I don't see Osama bin Laden and The Terrorists (TM) expropriating half our income every year to "protect" the other half and "protect" me from buying and selling what I want, when I want, to and form whom I want. I don't set Osama bin Laden and The Terrorists (TM) devaluing the money supply and causing recessions via institutionalized counterfeiting. I don't see Osama bin Laden spending his way into power by selling promises to forcibly extract payment from me and my fellow Americans for the forseeable future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will never understand people like you... if you are so over-whelmed by the American Government de-valuing your financial worth... why don't you leave?

Keep in mind, I'm not one of these rednecks that are saying "love it or leave it"....

I'm just saying, with your intellectual superiority, I can't believe you haven't found a country still on the gold standard where you could relocate and make your money flourish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every other country is just as bad or worse. And our family and friends are here.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure that? The French had a government, and it didn't seem to do them much good.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to make dumb arguments like that, then I'll say: Somalia did not have a government, and it didn't seem to do them much good.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to make dumb arguments like that, then I'll say: Somalia did not have a government, and it didn't seem to do them much good.

[/ QUOTE ]

They also didn't have any capital. That's always a recipe for disaster.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somalia didn't have a government? Wow, that's news to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia....E2.80.931990s

[ QUOTE ]
In late 1969, a military government assumed power following the assassination of Shermarke, who had been chosen, and served as, President from 1967–1969. Mohamed Siad Barre, a General in the armed forces, became the President in 1969 following a coup d'état...

Between 1977 and 1978, Somalia fought with its neighbour Ethiopia in the Ogaden War.

In 1978, the moral authority of the Somali government collapsed with many Somalis becoming disillusioned with life under military dictatorship.... The government became increasingly totalitarian, and resistance movements, encouraged by Ethiopia for its own strategic interests, sprang up across the country, eventually leading to civil war in 1991.

[/ QUOTE ]

They had a state. The state is the reason Somalia has been in such terrible shape since.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Somalia didn't have a government? Wow, that's news to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia....E2.80.931990s

[ QUOTE ]
In late 1969, a military government assumed power following the assassination of Shermarke, who had been chosen, and served as, President from 1967–1969. Mohamed Siad Barre, a General in the armed forces, became the President in 1969 following a coup d'état...

Between 1977 and 1978, Somalia fought with its neighbour Ethiopia in the Ogaden War.

In 1978, the moral authority of the Somali government collapsed with many Somalis becoming disillusioned with life under military dictatorship.... The government became increasingly totalitarian, and resistance movements, encouraged by Ethiopia for its own strategic interests, sprang up across the country, eventually leading to civil war in 1991.

[/ QUOTE ]

They had a state. The state is the reason Somalia has been in such terrible shape since.

[/ QUOTE ]

Newsflash, the year now is 2007. You conveniently left the time period after 1991 out of your post. From the very same article that you linked:

[ QUOTE ]
Somalia has had no effective national government since 1991

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-23-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Out of the blocks, stumbling badly

You were building nicely an argument for the moral imperative in Man's actions but then you suddenly made an about-face and shied away from Man's responsibility for his own actions.

[ QUOTE ]
We need government leaders that have moral clarity and are willing to fight for it.

[/ QUOTE ] What the hell do we need a third party to guide us for?? We are children no more. Neither a "God" (whatever his current going name might be) nor an "Enlightened Leader" are needed for us to reach for moral awareness. We should be electing as our representative leaders people who share our moral values and who are, thus, empowered to proceed along such a moral mandate -- and we should be bringing those leaders swiftly down if they violate that mandate!

Your stance is no different than that espoused by followers of Communism, circa the age of "enlightened leaders", of Personality Cults. They too meant well, mind you.

[ QUOTE ]
George Bush is the perfect example of a leader with moral clarity.

[/ QUOTE ] Oh, gimme a f*cking break. I thought you were serious about starting something.

Mickey Brausch