Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Skalnsky\'s system said it was, relied upon early capital accumulat

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bustedromo is the worst poster on 2+2 without a doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love clicking on a thread I suspect is full of retard and the OP is only ***You are ignoring this user***
Old 08-20-2007, 11:48 PM

bustedromo is a retard who knows nothing about poker and feels the need to mention his trading experience in every single [censored] post. nobody [censored] cares
Old 08-21-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Gus: ironing \"waste of time\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Endorsements mean nothing to these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

/end credibility

When was the last time you saw a "famous" poker player not wearing a shirt advertising a poker site? You think Juanda is just really into basketball jerseys with his name on the back?

Also, ask Raymer what's been more beneficial to him and his family- Winning the actual tournament or everything that has come along with it (Stars/other endorsements, appearance fees, sponsored tournament entry fees, etc etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do you think FTP pays its pros to play in a big live tourney wearing their gear ? I highly doubt it's anywhere near as they could expect to make playing cash games same # of hours.

If FTP was paying serious money to these guys, why would they have so many of them ? A handful of TV superstars would near-optimize the marketing impact. Hansen, Ivey, Matusow, Lederman, Seidel, Juanda, Harman, and Ferguson for free.

What do you need 50 FTP Pros for, unless your marketing strategy involves planting garb everywhere in a live tourney, shills everywhere in an online tourney, and frantically typed sycophantic chats.

I really doubt that with that many FTP Pros most are paid much. Frig, you can see FTP Pros in satellites for the big Sunday guarantee. If they're pulling in huge $ from endorsements why sweat forking out $216 - $535 ?

I'll bet the avg FTP Pro gets WSOP ME entrance fee and some garb. Poker is a job for these guys and they get sick of it. Why would they sit for days in WSOP ME for worse than break-even (cash-game miss-outs) unless they had a shot at cashing big and thought it meant something ?

Even if the big-names are paid substantially more, why do they need it ? Personally, I would never wear that cardboard if I didn't need the money.

No matter how much you trash-talk WSOP ME, the big-name pros all play year-after-year. If they had no respect for this "donkament" and no reasonable $ expectation they wouldn't bother.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:54 AM

lol endorsements.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: WSOP ME is not a donkament

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, the WSOP ME is just one tournament and bestowing fame on the winner in absence of any other claim is perhaps unjustified and inappropriate. Obviously, in a game with a large luck component, one tourney doesn't mean much.

But does that mean the WSOP ME should be looked down upon as a "donkament", a term that refers to a tourney field chock full of bad players where skill is therefore of discounted value.

[/ QUOTE ]

You give all the reasons for "lol donkaments" and then say "but don't say lol donkaments".
Many donkamenters have told you exactly why it's the king of all donkaments.

There is nothing at all incongruous about that.

You seem to be taking umbrage with the term itself, and creating a complaint that few who actually play mtts share.

This isn't surprising, considering the entire Full Tilt Pro thread was a similarly narrow complaint that few if any shared.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We say "lol donkaments" because in any given tourney luck is the deciding factor, not skill, and this is ALWAYS frustrating. We also say it to remind those who have had a string of success at tourneys that what they are doing is a statistical abberation

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-21-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bustedromo is the worst poster on 2+2 without a doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair it's mostly because he's so dumb. It's kinda mean to make fun of dudes that have to wear a helmet while interneting.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Re: troll stew recipe ... delicious

[ QUOTE ]

On average, tournament pros deploy strategies to reduce variance and minimize role of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

otherwise known as playing better hands than the other donkament players. What a revelation
Old 08-21-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: WSOP ME is not a donkament

[ QUOTE ]

This is why Barry was embarrassed at having to say "lol donkaments" on HSP and probably regretted it afterwards because he is not an "lol donkaments" kind of guy even if he does green leak to charity.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right that Barry is not an 'lol donkaments' kind of guy, but not for the reason you think, imo.

People always misjudge Barry because of his math PhD and his intelligent demeanor as someone who approaches gambling foremost as an intellectual exercise or a profit-maximizing problem.

Barry is actually more of a gambooler type than a math/game theory type. This extends to his view of tournament results, imo. He underrates variance and therefore is excessively generous to people who have some big tourney wins (which not coincidentally includes Barry himself).

Now don't get me wrong, I am not remotely slighting Barry's intellect. I am just saying that while he has the brain of a math whiz he has the soul of a gambler (unlike Chris Ferguson let's say), and that does color his attitude toward tournaments.

I would guess that Chris Ferugson, by contrast, is wholly on board with the 'lol donkaments' idea, even though from an ego point of view he has every reason not to be.

And just for the record my opinion, though it certainly might be wrong, is based mostly on firsthand impressions.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: troll stew recipe ... delicious

I tried to laugh while reading this thread, but I couldn't. Instead I just giggled. Uncontrollably.