Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Identify your leaks

This thread is really great. I haven't really sat down and thought about my leaks, but I feel that I have quite a few that are holding me back. I believe most of my leaks are psychological.

1. I underestimate my opponents' ability and overestimate my ability relative to my opponents and in doing this I justify making bad plays (calling when behind, bluff raising for no reason, playing too many hands, etc.)

2. Part of me still feels that online poker is rigged, and this gets in the way of realistically evaluating my play (i.e. I'm a good player, but I lose because the poker site is cheating. Therefore, I am destined to lose whether I play well or not. So I might as well not play well)

3. I don't give shortstacks enough credit. I tend to automatically dismiss them as donks and don't respect their raises/re-raises/shoves enough.

4. I keep playing when I am tired, tilting, in a bad mood, or otherwise not playing my A game.

5. Bad beats/coolers put me on psycho tilt.

6. I don't take enough time off from playing.

7. I am WAY too short-term results oriented and I have yet to evaluate my results over the long-term without tilting any profits away due to bad beats.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:16 PM

i mix it up way too much with regs and end up in lots of rags vs. rags [censored] waving battles for stacks. i'm kind of undecided as to whether this is a leak, or just good old fashioned fun.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:18 PM

ssdex,

usually when I'm up a ton of money its because the tables are REALLY good. This is what I mean. I quit good tables too often early on. Like yestarday I played 2 tables of pretty intense headsup for 45 minutes and went +160ish real fast. I got up and left when I probably should have sat longer, even tho I could feel myself tightening up.