Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Want 5 figure swings in ur homegame? Click 2 learn more (sick game

[ QUOTE ]
what happens when the pot gets big enough to busto all the players if they lose? this WILL happen if you play this game enough times...

[/ QUOTE ]

The puppet takes a shot at 2/4 on FTP?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is like aceyducey. I once saw a .5-.1 aceyducey game generate a 1k pot, all of a single guys money. He had A2 and hit an ace twice. Sick.

That said, Vhawk and L33tzr Im down for this game whenever.

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew you'd be down for this [censored]. You should shoot L33t a PM about potential games if you are back in town.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Otherwise, it seems it would be best to play a pretty tight game since even if everyone folds you still have to beat the puppet or risk paying the pot. So I think this would loosen up the game even more? Thoughts on this? Good idea/bad idea?

Anyways, I can't wait to try this game out. We used to play guts all the time but this sounds even better.

[/ QUOTE ]

When we played guts we put in a p*ssy rule. Which states if everyone folds then the best folded hand had to match the pot with no chance of winning it. This loosens up play.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a bit nitty, but statistically I think it is not unlikely that the pot becomes 100k, especially if you are 5-6 players, isn't it good beforehand to agree that when the pot gets above i.e. 5k you split it evenly?

[/ QUOTE ]

if someone picks up a big enough hand they can throw their chip down and offer to sell action. we felt this was fair.

unfortunately we had multiple instances of people deciding in the same hand that their respective 88 and AK were good enough, and as such when the puppet scoops the pot becomes monstrous.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:52 PM

oh, another rule:

if nobody throws their chip down, the board must run out and the winning hand adds $25 to the pot.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, another rule:

if nobody throws their chip down, the board must run out and the winning hand adds $25 to the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this rule a lot, what antes were you using to make this a $25 filler? Trying to gauge how big to make it since I probably won't be playing for 10k pots.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh, another rule:

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this rule a lot, what antes were you using to make this a $25 filler? Trying to gauge how big to make it since I probably won't be playing for 10k pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

we played 3 handed w/ $1 antes and no filler and our last pot was $8K.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:56 PM

$5, but the thing this rule didnt matter until the pot became thousands of dollars, since yellowsub was throwing his chip down with rags otherwise.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh, another rule:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That really is going to counteract the nit advantage inherent in the game I think. I can't really imagine playing this for much less than $1 antes, but I think my heart rate might get up there are a bit when the pots get into the thousands. Players are allowed to just quit at any time, right?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh, another rule:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That really is going to counteract the nit advantage inherent in the game I think. I can't really imagine playing this for much less than $1 antes, but I think my heart rate might get up there are a bit when the pots get into the thousands. Players are allowed to just quit at any time, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

well after playing we all agreed that next time we will just set a cap on the pot and chop it evenly when it reaches a certain amount. Example would be pot is at $750, someone plays and loses, they put in their $750 and the $1500 is distributed evenly between the 3 of us. They still lose the some money but dont get ridiculously stuck/ no 5 figure pots in a $1 [censored] ante game.

edit: yeah you can quit whenever but GL walking away when $1k+ of your money is in the middle of the table