Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Account hacked for $40,000

[ QUOTE ]
WADA is right, why is it that the majority of hacked accounts lately have been FTP accounts? This is a serious issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is absolutely ridiculous that a site that cannot refund $40,000, but can go on using mediocre security features. They can do MUCH more in order to protect their players. Chase Online banking is one place where they must look.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WADA is right, why is it that the majority of hacked accounts lately have been FTP accounts? This is a serious issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is absolutely ridiculous that a site that cannot refund $40,000, but can go on using mediocre security features. They can do MUCH more in order to protect their players. Chase Online banking is one place where they must look.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true, a simple feature of locking down an account if it is logged in from a different IP Address would save so many problems. Similar to what neteller does. I know quite a few people who have had their neteller temporarily locked because they logged in from somewhere else in the world. No one thought this was a problem and most people liked that this extra security was in place. Thats just one thing, theres tons that they could do like you say.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So true, a simple feature of locking down an account if it is logged in from a different IP Address would save so many problems. Similar to what neteller does. I know quite a few people who have had their neteller temporarily locked because they logged in from somewhere else in the world. No one thought this was a problem and most people liked that this extra security was in place. Thats just one thing, theres tons that they could do like you say.

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd need to have a phone number to unlock the site to do this. Otherwise hacker just emails them. They seem unwilling to do this, even for their high rollers.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd need to have a phone number to unlock the site to do this. Otherwise hacker just emails them. They seem unwilling to do this, even for their high rollers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think sites should offer something like this to their players: SecureID

I know if i had 40k in an account I would be willing to pay for cost of one myself, or the sites could waive the cost if you play enough at their site. It adds another level of security to your account -- not only would the hacker need your password, they would also need the 6 digits that are currently flashing on your securid to gain access to your account, so unless they also have access to your home your account would be much safer.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:23 PM

They must implement some sort of VIP level system and send a secure ID for certain level players.

Would be a great idea.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:45 PM

if u have a good amount of money on a site then keep your account logged in at all times even when you sleep, they cannot get in if your screen name is in.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if u have a good amount of money on a site then keep your account logged in at all times even when you sleep, they cannot get in if your screen name is in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure they can. If the person has the ability to plant a keylogger on your computer, they will also have the ability to plant a remote server or any other back door.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, didn't we go over this and the FTP default is to log out the present login and let the new on on instead.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, didn't we go over this and the FTP default is to log out the present login and let the new on on instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought ftp default was the opposite.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When I've tried logging on to my FTP account from my laptop while logged in on my desktop, something pops up on my desktop saying "Someone is logging on your account on a different computer, do you want to disconnect or deny them access?" and if you don't select anything within 30 seconds, you automatically get disconnected.

So, this isn't a helpful option for security purposes unless they change the default action from "disconnect" to "deny" when you aren't at your computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

From a few pages back in this thread.

I haven't tried myself.