Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Amazing what my class had to say about 9/11

just wanted to add we have a professor here at madison that has written a book about and actively speaks that he believs the U.S. is not only behind 9/11 but also other world wide "terrorist" bombings. Its ridiculous that some nutjob is paid to be an idiot.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
at one point 70% of Americans thought that Saddam was behind the 9/11 attacks. People are stupid. Oh, and if anybody believes the loose change video, show them this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This Popular Mechanics article is as weak as all the far-fetched conspiracy propaganda. Sure, it's easy to refute the myths that are obviously ridiculous, or the one's that were never really 'myth's' to begin with.

Personally, I don't believe there was a conspiracy, but the problem with the theorists (and generally, conspiracy theorists with any 'conspiracy') is that they push all the ridiculous and fantastic and sensational ideas. This discredits the more subdued and reasonable ideas

Like I said, I don't believe in the 'conspiracy' but to this day, countless arguments on internet forums and the like, there are a few key things that have never been addressed.

Anyhow, I apologize for getting involved in another discussion in the first place. Some of the notions and beliefs that leak out sadden and frustrate me on so many levels.

Peace.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She seems rather stupid/brain-washed.
Feel free to question her loyalty to the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

CAN A GOOD MUSLIM BE A GOOD AMERICAN?

I forwarded that question to a friend that
worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 Years.

The following is his forwarded reply:

Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is
to Allah, the moon God of Arabia.

Religiously - no. Because no other religion
is accepted by his Allah Except Islam (Quran, 2:256)

Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is
to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).

Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca,
to which he Turns in prayer five times a day.

Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam
forbids him to make Friends with Christians or Jews.

Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual Leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel
and Destruction of America, The great Satan.

Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to
marry four women and beat And scourge his wife
when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).

Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the
American Constitution Since it is based on Biblical
principles and he believes the Bible to be Corrupt.

Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the
Quran do not Allow freedom of religion and __expression.
Democracy and Islam cannot Co-exist.
Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation
under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind,
while Allah is NEVER referred to as Heavenly father, nor
is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent Names.

Therefore after much study and deliberation....
perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS
in this country. They obviously cannot be both
"good" Muslims and good Americans.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a lot wrong here. First... you'd have to define "Good Muslim" as what constitutes a Good Muslim is the same as saying what's a good Christian.... A Catholic? A protestant? Do they have to be Scriptural literalists or merely believe the Bible is inspired by God and is a bunch of parables?

[ QUOTE ]
Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is
to Allah, the moon God of Arabia.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm... America doesn't have a theological requirement. A good american can be Christian, Muslim, jewish, Atheist, satanic, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Religiously - no. Because no other religion
is accepted by his Allah Except Islam (Quran, 2:256)

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother (a born again) plays me tapes of his favorite minister... he says the same thing (except Christian)

[ QUOTE ]
Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is
to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this even make sense? What does this have to do with being an American?

[ QUOTE ]
Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to
marry four women and beat And scourge his wife
when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe most mainstream Muslims believe this.

[ QUOTE ]
Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the
American Constitution Since it is based on Biblical
principles and he believes the Bible to be Corrupt.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. No it is not.

[ QUOTE ]
Therefore after much study and deliberation....
perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS
in this country. They obviously cannot be both
"good" Muslims and good Americans.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a bunch of tripe.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just wanted to add we have a professor here at madison that has written a book about and actively speaks that he believs the U.S. is not only behind 9/11 but also other world wide "terrorist" bombings. Its ridiculous that some nutjob is paid to be an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I transferred out to the not so nutty west coast! Which prof wrote that book anyway? I've just given up trying to argue with these crazy hippy [censored] who believe this garbage because just like women, they don't bring in common sense into the equation of an argument.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This girl sounds like an ill informed sheep. There are always sheep on both sides. Thinking, objective people are few and far between. The sad thing is, most of you are sheep. The only difference between you and her is the shepherd you chose to blindly follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp, wiseass

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL YOU WIN THE SPELLAMENT!

douche.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was amazed too, but for probably different reasons than everyone else who has and will post in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate on those reasons?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He would rather go to bed because it was 5 in the damn morning

[/ QUOTE ]

Not every post is a matter to be taken up the Internet's amateur psychologists. Your attempt is really cute, though. Maybe you can use it in your dissertation.

I'm amazed because I had no idea that there was still this level of doubt about the official story. I don't know how these kids came to their conclusions, but at least they're thinking about things, even if they aren't particularly good at that.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I transferred out to the not so nutty west coast! Which prof wrote that book anyway? I've just given up trying to argue with these crazy hippy [censored] who believe this garbage because just like women, they don't bring in common sense into the equation of an argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO wow
Old 09-12-2006, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

..70% not sure if it was planned by our govt or not! They are [censored] retarded and somebody should have said so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, no one in that classroom does know for a fact if government planned 9/11, how could they?
Old 09-12-2006, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
at one point 70% of Americans thought that Saddam was behind the 9/11 attacks. People are stupid. Oh, and if anybody believes the loose change video, show them this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This Popular Mechanics article is as weak as all the far-fetched conspiracy propaganda. Sure, it's easy to refute the myths that are obviously ridiculous, or the one's that were never really 'myth's' to begin with.

Personally, I don't believe there was a conspiracy, but the problem with the theorists (and generally, conspiracy theorists with any 'conspiracy') is that they push all the ridiculous and fantastic and sensational ideas. This discredits the more subdued and reasonable ideas

Like I said, I don't believe in the 'conspiracy' but to this day, countless arguments on internet forums and the like, there are a few key things that have never been addressed.

Anyhow, I apologize for getting involved in another discussion in the first place. Some of the notions and beliefs that leak out sadden and frustrate me on so many levels.

Peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. Im so sick of seeing that article thrown around as if its the definitive word on this subject.

This is just one of those things that we probably will never know the truth about. You can believe one way or another, or somewhere inbetween. However if you cant see that either is possible, thats pretty sad.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. Im so sick of seeing that article thrown around as if its the definitive word on this subject.

This is just one of those things that we probably will never know the truth about. You can believe one way or another, or somewhere inbetween. However if you cant see that either is possible, thats pretty sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been searching for the link all morning to this one fellow's study the conspiracy. It's definitely the most interesting i've read. He refutes all the sensational and ridiculous claims, like the jumbo jets had missiles and shot the towers, etc, etc, but brings up some interesting ones that I had never thought or known about.
Mind you, this was a year ago. There was stuff about the pilot's grades in flight school and the like. Really very interesting, especially since the author didn't heavy-handedly push or even push at all the idea, 'It was defintitely a setup, bush is the devil!'
Meh. I believe the official story is much closer to the truth than not, but is never the definitive word. Moreso, i'm frustrated to death with all this 9/11 talk. To BBV!