Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Your poker bankroll story

Deposited $25 on pokeroom on my 18th birthday and lost that in about 2 days. Then started playing with my friend's money on Stars in the summer of 05. Started with $15 playing .25/.50 LHE, won like 50 bucks, transfered it to my own account and started playing .50/1. Around that time I read the limit holdem 2+2 book and started crushing. Moved over to Party when the BR hit like $1200 around August 05. Crushed the 2/4 and 3/6 games for a while, moved up to 5/10 and eventually to 10/20 at around the turn of the year. Played 10/20 and 15/30 till the end of summer 06 then switched to NL after Party shut down. Got crushed at 50nl from November-early January so I decided to cash out all my money except $100 and work my way up through the NL games. Started at 5nl on Stars at the end of January and now I am playing 100 and 200nl.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Your poker bankroll story

[ QUOTE ]
i started with $50 on stars back in the spring of 04 after having played played money for a few months, lost it, redeposited and haven't really looked back despite some downers. started out playing micro cash games and having mediocre results, eventually running it up to a few hundred. when i got to college during that fall i put some money on party and ran sick hot and increased my BR from a few hundo to ~2K playing 50nl-200nl not really knowing what i was doing.

eventually started to break even and decided i didn't like party bc it was clearly rigged so i went back to stars and played MTTs mostly. had pretty good results during the winter and increased the BR to about 7k after a few good scores in $10 and $20 mtts.

during the spring of 05 i decided to take a shot at 5-10nl, even though the highest i had played before that was 2-4nl. back then there were only full ring tables and players like twin caracas and h@llinggol were dominating the tables. i ran hot for about a week and made about 8k and was on cloud nine and my friends and i all thought i was a poker prodigy...lol. i proceeded to drop about 7k of that back in the next couple days and immediately cashed out all but a few hundred bc i was pretty shook up that i could lose all that money so quickly.

during that summer i decided to give it another shot and started grinding like 25 and 50nl on party. i started reading 2p2 more for strategy instead of just trolling my friends who posted there and started to develop a sound foundation. by the end of the summer i was back up to 100nl and decided to play sngs for some reason. i made a little money in those but realized i wasn't that good and it was kind of a waste of time. around november of 05 i started playing 100nl again on UB and ftp along with stars and finally started seeing some results. i slowly moved up to 200 and 400nl throughout 05 and by the middle of the summer i was back to playing 5-10nl FR on party.

the summer of 06 my BR was around 25k and i was feeling good about my game. by the time party died in october my BR was up to about 40k and i decided to move back to stars for cash games. i decided to give 6max a try even though i had had poor results in the few times i'd tried it before. i immediately ran hot at 5-106m on stars and haven't really looked back since then. i've made about 250k overall from poker including live cash games which i actually might enjoy more than online. maybe that's just bc i had my biggest month ever playing live in vegas for about 3 weeks where i made 80k playing 10-20 and 25-50nl. anyway, poker BR is about 200k now after expenses and buying a car and i'm just grinding 5-10 and 10-20nl online and playing live when i get the chance.

wow that's long

[/ QUOTE ]

I take full credit for hounding you into playing 6max....you know its true!