Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/24) (Spoilers in Thread to come?)

[ QUOTE ]
After being felted the second time, Farha started bitching about the dealer taking too long, or some crap like that. Only the beginning...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was complaining that Hellmuth's silly insurance discussions were taking up too much time, but I might be remembering it wrong.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You get the feeling he has a lack of respect for Gold which im sure some of the other players share. Now I am not Golds biggest fan either but he is def growing on me. I think some of the plays he made in this ep and the last one have been great!

[/ QUOTE ]

Plays? What plays? Gold is just an aggro push guy and it will catch up with him.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Whether he's the greatest or a donk I don't know. I think he's playing very well. But I would think if Sammy had AK and SM called with A9 he'd be called a donk. Did he have a read, was he going by the fact that Sammy raised PF blind, does his cigar tell him what to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's the point. SM is willing to make that call because he knows SF raised blind. Buss, Nasiri and Chamenara probably won't make that call. No one is saying Mike is a world class NLHE player but with this bunch you don't have to be that good. I'd much rather watch him scoop pot after pot against these guys that watch Buss uber-nit it up and not get paid off on any of his big hands.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:05 PM

It's hard to imagine farha is really that serious about the game when he plays in the dark ect. People who say he is a fish is lame since it's obvious he isn't trying
Old 09-25-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My perspective as a viewer/fan is that "running it twice" and similar things have ruined the action...there are so few large, scooped pots because, whenever any real money goes into the pot, a tedious negotiation ensues and the result is usually the anticlimactic running it twice/chopped pot. Also, I think the players demonstrate a consistent overall pussy-ish-ness in most of these situations, and I feel people should be willing to gamble for the amount of money they decided to put in the pot and not look for every possible way to hedge their action after the money goes in

[/ QUOTE ]

if you consider these guys playing the game for your amusement then yes .. you're right.. .you're being cheated from your carnal pleasure of seeing one player felted by another. if you consider the fact that you are watching professionals, putting their bankroll at risk, then you should be able to understand the reasoning for such activities. hellmuth taking insurance should make sense. he got his money in with the best hand. now he takes insurance to minimize his losses if the huge suckout happens. if you're playing the game for a living rather than for the rush you should be able to see the sensible reasoning behind these moves.

of course if your playing .1/.2 on pokerstars there is really no need to insure your 27.75 all in bet is there?

HSP came to be to allow folks to see what a big game is like. it was not brought to television so that viewers can get a rush from watching players get busted. yet, in the four seasons so far we have seen many a player get felted haven't we. nothing to complain about in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hear that Shane? Stop insuring your $5 SnG's! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jennifer Harman needs one beer to get going. Somebody supply the drinks or get her out of that seat.

And Sammy Farha has NOT gotten better at NLHE since season one. His NLHE game is super weak.

More and more I feel like people I play with at $2/4 NL can absolutely smoke this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your so wrong. Why you dont just start with the Commerce 10/20 NL. Thats a lot easier than this game and has many live donks. And you can make $$$ if you beat it. Id love to see how you do heh I think youll find high stakes live poker is harder than it looks.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you consider these guys playing the game for your amusement then yes .. you're right.. .you're being cheated from your carnal pleasure of seeing one player felted by another. if you consider the fact that you are watching professionals, putting their bankroll at risk, then you should be able to understand the reasoning for such activities. hellmuth taking insurance should make sense. he got his money in with the best hand. now he takes insurance to minimize his losses if the huge suckout happens. if you're playing the game for a living rather than for the rush you should be able to see the sensible reasoning behind these moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would make sense if PH didn't admit that he was looking to get insured at a rate that gave the insurer a 10% edge. During the set v. OESD hand, after PH and co figured out that the correct odds were about 3:1, PH said, "Eli takes 10%, so 2.6:1" (or words to that effect).

One could make a nice living doing nothing but hanging around Phil and taking all his insurance bets.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My perspective as a viewer/fan is that "running it twice" and similar things have ruined the action...there are so few large, scooped pots because, whenever any real money goes into the pot, a tedious negotiation ensues and the result is usually the anticlimactic running it twice/chopped pot. Also, I think the players demonstrate a consistent overall pussy-ish-ness in most of these situations, and I feel people should be willing to gamble for the amount of money they decided to put in the pot and not look for every possible way to hedge their action after the money goes in

[/ QUOTE ]

of course if your playing .1/.2 on pokerstars there is really no need to insure your 27.75 all in bet is there?

HSP came to be to allow folks to see what a big game is like. it was not brought to television so that viewers can get a rush from watching players get busted. yet, in the four seasons so far we have seen many a player get felted haven't we. nothing to complain about in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad post!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-25-2007, 06:59 PM

I play pretty tight so I like watching some of the pros play tight. I loved it when Barry G was shortstacking and pushed all in with AA, doubled up vs. Daniel's JJ, and then Elezra started bitching because Barry G wasn't playing more hands.

If I were in a game with Sammy (all in in dark) and Eli (call $16K with K7) I'd play like Jennifer Harman also.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- The waitresses look like dumb whores, as always

[/ QUOTE ]

??????