FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 3v. 14
Rotencrotch 27 64.29%
Sanjay Sh*tole 15 35.71%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 12:05 PM

Default Re: disconnections

the only time I really get disconnects is when i have a ton of other programs running on my computer. However if it's just wpex, pt and some music I may see one or 2 disconnects per week. Perhaps some of you need to quit running 6-10 different things at once ...then you won't have the disconnect problems.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:27 PM

Default Re: heads up table

The software REALLY needs an option to prevent the tables from popping up. It's so hard to write notes when the tables keep stealing focus. And there are lots of little things about the software that can be changed: seat at the bottom should be re-positioned, "Seat Open" appears on tables when you're already seated, etc. All of my software suggestions have been forwarded to support, which has generally been pretty responsive, so I have no doubt that my suggestions will get some attention. However, two unrelated issues...

1) it's terrible that support REQUIRES your account name and password when all you wanna do is change your mailing address.

2) cheaters should be taken more seriously. I reported a cheater who used the disconnect-protect on three different occasions.. Support said they'd issue him a warning. IMO he should be banned, his funds confiscated, and the affected players should be reimbursed.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I reported a cheater who used the disconnect-protect on three different occasions..

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, some of those could have been the WPEX disconnect issue and not his fault. I once had 3 disconnects in a session and all were in the middle of hands.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:27 PM

Default Re: WSEx: Official Monthly Thread: November.

How many 2/4 NL games do they have these days?
Old 11-02-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The software REALLY needs an option to prevent the tables from popping up. It's so hard to write notes when the tables keep stealing focus.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is that option: go to Options/General and unclick 'Bring to Front.'

That will help.

I would like to have the option for the table to come to the front, but not steal focus, please.

B.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:22 PM

Default Re: WSEx: Official Monthly Thread: November.

[ QUOTE ]
How many 2/4 NL games do they have these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Currently theres a hu match at 3/6, one person waiting to start a 2/4, no 1/2s, 8 .5/1, 5 .25/.5, etc ...

NL game selection sux. Limit is much better. Other games practically nonexistant.

B.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Poll: Disconnects, how bad of an issue?

Disconnects continue to be a complaint at WPEX. How bad are they for you?

PLEASE only answer if you've played at least a few hours at WPEX within the last week and a half.

B.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Poll: Disconnects, how bad of an issue?

[ QUOTE ]
Disconnects continue to be a complaint at WPEX. How bad are they for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to hear technical insights as to why (for some-like me) they're worse now than prior to the last upgrade. Also, how can I be disconnected on one table and still playing on others?
Old 11-03-2006, 12:51 AM

WPEX today: Playing a multi table I'm in the big blind with AK. UTG is getting ready to act (9 people at table) when I get the 'lost connection' message. It reconnected quickly (within 20 seconds) but somehow the flop is already down and I've been folded. WTF?! Of course there was an ace on the flop. In a tourney last week a similar situation happened where I called in lp with 33 and then was disconnected. When I was reconnected the flop was out, I was folded, there was a 3 on the flop along with an ace, and 2 guys were battling over the pot eventually going all-in. This was a hand that could have put me in a position to do some serious damage but instead it just pissed me off. Despite this being my only online account right now I won't be playing until I can be more confident that I won't be disconnected in the middle of a tourney. I feel like my entry fee was stolen.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:40 AM

A message came up while playing tonight that US players are now banned from WPEX. It said to check pokerlistings.com, but I can't find anything on there yet. It didn't look like a hoax - the message came up in the normal color and format for a site message in the dealer box. I guess there might be something in the legislation forum.
Closed Thread