Old 09-10-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

[ QUOTE ]
Looking forward to the AFC playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm looking forward to tonight! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2007, 03:55 PM

Good win pats (AKA- i hate you go burn in a grease fire) -jets fan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

To up above: I was actually at the game, and watched Revis a lot. He played EXTREMELY well yesterday for a rookie first game. I am very very very excited for him in the future, (i know this is very premature) but I would not be suprised if he became a top 5 CB within 4 years. He has a solid solid football knowledge, covered RM (omg someone actually did that?) and WW very well, and tackled well.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:07 AM

well that ruling sucked. while some are saying that the Pats gott off easy, the penalty they got is far worse than the penalties the cap cheating teams got. but w/e, we cheated, and you pay the penalty if you get caught.

moving ahead, our draft for next year still looks good, due to previous trades with the 49ers and Raiders. assuming we make the playoffs, we will have 9 picks in 2008:

1 1st round (the 49ers pick)
1 2nd round
2 3rd round picks (1 from Raiders)
1 in all other rounds

I really hope this team goes on a run now, which will help to silence all of this stuff.

beat SD, and there's a good chance we're undefeated going into the Indy game in week 9
Old 09-14-2007, 11:24 AM

As long as they beat SD this week the whole cheating thing will blow over quickly. If they lose to SD we will not hear the end of the Pats cheating scandal all year long.

As far as the draft picks go, its great that we get to keep what should be the better of our 2 1st rounders next year.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as they beat SD this week the whole cheating thing will blow over quickly. If they lose to SD we will not hear the end of the Pats cheating scandal all year long.

As far as the draft picks go, its great that we get to keep what should be the better of our 2 1st rounders next year.

[/ QUOTE ]
If it's not, then signal stealing must be a wayyyyy bigger advantage than anyone's ever imagined [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man, the Colts looked horrible against a really weak team.

Brady looked way way better than Manning as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Did you watch the game on Thursday? Yeah, the Colts really looked bad against the improved Saints team that made the NFC title game last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought my post was dripping with sarcasm. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 10:50 AM

well, besides one small issue, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], nothing could be going better for the Pats. the team is performing at an extremely high level right now.

this is going to sound extremely homerish/obnoxious, but right now this team is a touchdown better than anyone else in the NFL. no other team is playing at such a high level everywhere on the field - the running game, passing game, run defense, pass defense, etc. not every unit is elite, but all are at least very good. they have scored 38 points in each game, once against a team they have struggled with on the past, once against a very good defense.

it appears that reports of Randy Moss's demise have been greatly exaggerated. if he's not 100% of what he used to be, he's still 95%, which makes him one of the most dangerous receivers in the game. keeping him covered while still stopping Ben Watson, Wes Welker, and the running game will be a difficult task for any defense.

here are Tom Brady's #'s through 2 games:

47 for 59, (80%), 576 yards (9.76 YPA), 6 touchdowns, 1 int.

of course, lots of things could derail this happy train. injuries or suspensions would change a lot of things. but right now, this team is ridiculously good, far better than the 2003 or 2004 teams. and getting Richard Seymour and Rodney Harrison back will give us a boost!

in other good news, Belichik has reportedly been resigned through 2013. his contract is one of the most closely guarded secrets in sports; wrapping him up for a bunch more years makes me happy.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well, besides one small issue, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], nothing could be going better for the Pats. the team is performing at an extremely high level right now.

this is going to sound extremely homerish/obnoxious, but right now this team is a touchdown better than anyone else in the NFL. no other team is playing at such a high level everywhere on the field - the running game, passing game, run defense, pass defense, etc. not every unit is elite, but all are at least very good. they have scored 38 points in each game, once against a team they have struggled with on the past, once against a very good defense.

it appears that reports of Randy Moss's demise have been greatly exaggerated. if he's not 100% of what he used to be, he's still 95%, which makes him one of the most dangerous receivers in the game. keeping him covered while still stopping Ben Watson, Wes Welker, and the running game will be a difficult task for any defense.

of course, lots of things could derail this happy train. injuries or suspensions would change a lot of things. but right now, this team is ridiculously good, far better than the 2003 or 2004 teams. and getting Richard Seymour and Rodney Harrison back will give us a boost!

in other good news, Belichik has reportedly been resigned through 2013. his contract is one of the most closely guarded secrets in sports; wrapping him up for a bunch more years makes me happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure who can stop the Pats right now. Baltimore, and other top teams will probally struggle on 1 side of the ball against the Pats. The Pats are now very good on both sides of the ball and at all the positions. An injury or some serious bad luck will have to happen to not atleast make it to the AFC title game. They should host it as well. I know the Steelers, Colts, etc. will struggle at some point on the road this year.

I haven't been too impressed with the running game yet, but they haven't really needed it. The rest of the team has been spectacular for the most part.

My only hope as a fan of another team is that in the next couple years in FA they get ran-sacked. I know some players on the team are playing less than par value. But then again they do draft well. Blah-F' the Pats!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been too impressed with the running game yet, but they haven't really needed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

that has been the weakest "unit" I think. still, the run game was ok (32 carries, 144 yards, lots of 1st down runs last night). they were able to grind out long drives vs the Jets, and in the 2nd half they had success vs. the Chargers. though I'm sure some of this was related to Jamal Williams being hurt, some of it was probably related to the SD def. being exhausted.

the offensive gameplan last night was great I thought. "SD has a great run defense, a questionable secondary, and they love to blitz. so lets spread the field, attack the secondary, let the defense tire themselves by blitzing over and over, and when they tire, start slamming ahead."

it obviously won't be that simple against Baltimore, or against Chicago, or other defenses with balance at all positions. but I'm not sure those teams will be able to score more than 10 offensive points against NE.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure who can stop the Pats right now. Baltimore, and other top teams will probally struggle on 1 side of the ball against the Pats. The Pats are now very good on both sides of the ball and at all the positions. An injury or some serious bad luck will have to happen to not atleast make it to the AFC title game. They should host it as well. I know the Steelers, Colts, etc. will struggle at some point on the road this year.

I haven't been too impressed with the running game yet, but they haven't really needed it. The rest of the team has been spectacular for the most part.

My only hope as a fan of another team is that in the next couple years in FA they get ran-sacked. I know some players on the team are playing less than par value. But then again they do draft well. Blah-F' the Pats!

[/ QUOTE ]

the pats would absolutely demolish the ravens.

Pats offense and defense is better.

Ravens offense sucks.

it would be a blowout of biblical proportions.