Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul being ousted by Fox - Needs your help NOW

Ron Paul on Wolf Blitzer show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SenO1PelHvo

does very good job of defending statements made
Old 05-16-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul's position on 9/11 is not something totally new, Harry Browne said the same thing in this article he wrote on 9/12/2001.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the idea is certainly important, relevant and arguable. A Harry Browne could have articulated it intelligently, and with the dignified demeanor of a serious presidential candidate. He would have conveyed an appropriate appreciation for the gravity of the situation, and shown respect for the lives that were lost.

Unfortunately, we libertarians are all too familiar with many of our candidates coming across as buffoons. The best libertarian thinkers haven't generally been the candidates out front; they're the guys who putting together substantive policy papers.

Oh well, narrow the field and move on. We've seen enough of half of these guys.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:05 PM

Ron Paul is looking better and better to me with every passing day.

He's got my vote and I happen to know for a fact that he's got some other's votes too, here in traditionally democratic DC.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul is an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
At the debate he said that us attacking Iraq caused the September 11 attacks.

I'll just let him fall by the wayside thank you.

Sometimes poker just isn't important.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, poker isn't as important. Luckily, he's right about both. (what he actually said anyway, not your misinterpretation)

It's worth noting that the reasons Ron Paul listed for 9/11 are the exact same ones Osama listed for why he did 9/11. At least someone in Washington's actually listening to what our enemies are saying about why they don't like us.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rudy NAILED him. Great moment for Rudy who may also be sympathetic to our cause. I doubt he'll care enough to do anything pro-actively but he may sign a bill if the dems pass it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

He is a former federal proseuctor. These guys are as bad as it gets when it comes to depriving people of their freedom.

Ron Paul is our only chance, as pitiful and pathetic as that is. Hard to believe how naive people are.

Rudy sympathetic to online gamblers? LOL
Old 05-17-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At the debate he said that us attacking Iraq caused the September 11 attacks.

I'll just let him fall by the wayside thank you.

Sometimes poker just isn't important.

[/ QUOTE ]

His thesis is a little more complex than this, and probably shared by half of America. Doesn't make it right, but to dismiss it so casually can't be right either.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:07 AM

One of the things the nazi-like mob dictator Giuliani is known for, is shutting down the well known poker clubs in NYC.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's worth noting that the reasons Ron Paul listed for 9/11 are the exact same ones Osama listed for why he did 9/11. At least someone in Washington's actually listening to what our enemies are saying about why they don't like us.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with Paul's argument (at least as I have heard it in sound bites...I haven't read any longer articles), is that is fails to acknowledge the the evil and irrationality of the terrorists, such that while US policy may be in some sense a cause of the 9/11 attacks, it has such a remote logical connection to the attacks that it cannot be said to share any moral responsibility for them.

In legal terms, it may be a cause-in-fact, but it is not a proximate cause. It would be like saying that the assassination attempt on Reagan was caused by Jodie Foster.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:15 PM

The despicable bastards are at it again. Members of the RNC are circulating a petition to exclude Dr. Paul from future Republican Presidential Candidate debates. A counter petition, also by members of the RNC, has been started to ensure that Dr. Paul is allowed to participate. Sign here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/RPRNC08/petition.html
Old 05-17-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with Paul's argument (at least as I have heard it in sound bites...I haven't read any longer articles), is that is fails to acknowledge the the evil and irrationality of the terrorists,

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no? He explicitly mentioned it, twice, in his exchange with Guliani. In fact he is the only one to do so.

[ QUOTE ]
such that while US policy may be in some sense a cause of the 9/11 attacks, it has such a remote logical connection to the attacks that it cannot be said to share any moral responsibility for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Remote logical connection"? The people who attacked us came right out and said it was because of our meddling in the region, building bases in their holy lands, deposing of democratically elected leaders, installation and support of tyrannical regimes, taking of sides, etc, etc, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
In legal terms, it may be a cause-in-fact, but it is not a proximate cause. It would be like saying that the assassination attempt on Reagan was caused by Jodie Foster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. No, it's like your neighbor wanting to kill you because you let your dog [censored] on his lawn, keyed his car, set fire to his toolshed, and beat him up.