Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Limbaugh Smear Letter: Why Talk Radio is Needed

[ QUOTE ]

What is so F'n hard for you to understand that 41 F'n U.S. Senators took the taxpayers time to sign a ludicrous letter, in an attempt to intimidate speech. IS IT THAT F'N HARD TO GET????????????????????? WOW! Read back over the F'n thread. It is not my job to spoon feed you. This is so retarded I can't even get my head around it anymore..

[/ QUOTE ]

Surpisingly enough, I am a proficient enough reader that the very basic facts of the situation are quite clear to me. You'll notice (actually you won't, apparently, but someone who reads will) that I haven't defended the senators.

My point is that you support a retarded analogy. You have failed to own up to it, and in the meantime have spewed off generalization after generalization about a group I don't even really belong to. This has nothing to do with some doucebag senators.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What is so F'n hard for you to understand that 41 F'n U.S. Senators took the taxpayers time to sign a ludicrous letter, in an attempt to intimidate speech. IS IT THAT F'N HARD TO GET????????????????????? WOW! Read back over the F'n thread. It is not my job to spoon feed you. This is so retarded I can't even get my head around it anymore..

[/ QUOTE ]

Surpisingly enough, I am a proficient enough reader that the very basic facts of the situation are quite clear to me. You'll notice (actually you won't, apparently, but someone who reads will) that I haven't defended the senators.

My point is that you support a retarded analogy. You have failed to own up to it, and in the meantime have spewed off generalization after generalization about a group I don't even really belong to. This has nothing to do with some doucebag senators.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfectly said xorbie. And I'm not a liberal either nor have I defended the Senators here (in fact, I denounced these activities earlier).
Old 10-21-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my whole point from the get go.

Stop foaming at the mouth for 2 f'n seconds and get a grip. I don't even know what your "point" is anymore. I happen to think that a government attempt to intimidate or squelch speech is a tactic (a weak, or mild, or worthless, or what have you, action) that joe would use (along with putting a .45 thru your skull). You are arguing about nothing.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfectly said xorbie. And I'm not a liberal either nor have I defended the Senators here (in fact, I denounced these activities earlier).

[/ QUOTE ]

You are like a little yap dog. Barking about nothing. Nice graphics, tho...
Old 10-21-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I happen to think that a government attempt to intimidate or squelch speech is a tactic (a weak, or mild, or worthless, or what have you, action) that joe would use (along with putting a .45 thru your skull). You are arguing about nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure you are equally as outraged by Congress's denunciation of the Patraeus ad*, right?

*And let's be honest, their denunciation wasn't really about rules for non-profits. That wasn't the issue addressed in their statements.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I happen to think that a government attempt to intimidate or squelch speech is a tactic (a weak, or mild, or worthless, or what have you, action) that joe would use (along with putting a .45 thru your skull). You are arguing about nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure you are equally as outraged by Congress's denunciation of the Patraeus ad*, right?

*And let's be honest, their denunciation wasn't really about rules for non-profits. That wasn't the issue addressed in their statements.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh. yeah. i think it is retarded.

guess again.

actually don't. this has gotten beyong stupid.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my whole point from the get go.

Stop foaming at the mouth for 2 f'n seconds and get a grip. I don't even know what your "point" is anymore. I happen to think that a government attempt to intimidate or squelch speech is a tactic (a weak, or mild, or worthless, or what have you, action) that joe would use (along with putting a .45 thru your skull). You are arguing about nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm arguing about something simple, which is that ridiculous analogies shouldn't be used. I have said nothing but that from start to finish. I'm hardly foaming at the mouth, and your excessive use of the shift button and exclamation point indicate that it would be closer to describing you than I.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:30 AM

I agree, generally, with your assessment of his buffoonery, as far as his leadership in congress goes.

Reid was one of the signers of the letters. If you, or Felix, believes that signing or sending that letter was a Stalinist tactic--with all due respect--you need to do some research on Stalin and his tactics.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, generally, with your assessment of his buffoonery, as far as his leadership in congress goes.

Reid was one of the signers of the letters. If you, or Felix, believes that signing or sending that letter was a Stalinist tactic--with all due respect--you need to do some research on Stalin and his tactics.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it Andy. Tomorrow, I will read more about Joseph Stalin. I will read where intimidation of opposing viewpoints were nonexistent during his reign and I will apologize profusely for my ignorance if this is indeed the truth.

At least you seem to be a reasonable person. Even knowing that we are probably polar opposites.

What is funny about this whole charade is that I simply made a statement to the OP and all of a sudden two attack dogs take it upon themselves to stick their nose in and start screaming about god knows what.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it Andy. Tomorrow, I will read more about Joseph Stalin. I will read where intimidation of opposing viewpoints were nonexistent during his reign and I will apologize profusely for my ignorance if this is indeed the truth.

At least you seem to be a reasonable person. Even knowing that we are probably polar opposites.

What is funny about this whole charade is that I simply made a statement to the OP and all of a sudden two attack dogs take it upon themselves to stick their nose in and start screaming about god knows what.

[/ QUOTE ]