Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: TCU OWNS the Big 12...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sooners all-time record against TCU is 6-4. So what's your point?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, considering how much more money OU spends on football, 6-4 against us is LAME. Second of all, we've got scoreboard on ya'll right now...that's my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you don't. You got a victory six years ago. That means nothing now. Your team sucks. Mine rules. Get over it.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:42 PM

Sammy,

Calling "scoreboard" on someone is a momentary thing. Like, in the actual game if someone does something productive and taunts or showboats you can call scoreboard or if after a game if the loser makes excuses or starts running their mouth you can call scoreboard but years and years after the fact w/ BCS games and tons of success for OU and little for TCU between them, calling scoreboard is pretty bad.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sammy,

Calling "scoreboard" on someone is a momentary thing. Like, in the actual game if someone does something productive and taunts or showboats you can call scoreboard or if after a game if the loser makes excuses or starts running their mouth you can call scoreboard but years and years after the fact w/ BCS games and tons of success for OU and little for TCU between them, calling scoreboard is pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I'll call scoreboard for as long as we've got it, whether or not it clicks with your presupposed rules of when it's "cool" (none of this is COOL).

Second of all, you and BigSoonerFan are forgetting when the game was. It wasn't "years and years" ago. It was two seasons ago. Since that game, TCU has finished ahead of OU once (in 2005, when the Frogs finished #9 and OU finished #22) and OU has finished ahead of TCU once (in 2006, when the Sooners finished #8 and TCU finished #24).

Your statements are just factually incorrect here.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, considering how much more money OU spends on football, 6-4 against us is LAME. Second of all, we've got scoreboard on ya'll right now...that's my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you don't. You got a victory six years ago. That means nothing now. Your team sucks. Mine rules. Get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

2005 was SIX YEARS AGO? Wake up, Okie.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize how stupid you sound?
Old 09-16-2007, 08:59 PM

Someone tells me a game that happened two years ago happened six years ago, I call him out on it, and I'm the one who sounds stupid to you?

Hmm...is it POSSIBLE someone's prior bias against me and the team I root for is shining through in his interpretation of this thread?
Old 09-16-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I must have been thinking about some other mediocre program that beat us six years ago.

This decade Oklahoma has finished in the Top 6 five times, with one championship and one bad year finishing 22nd. TCU has never finished in the Top 6, finishing as high as 11th (or 9th in Coaches Poll). Coincidentally the highest TCU finish was the same year as OU's lowest finish, which happened to be the year when TCU upset Oklahoma the first game of the season. Obviously this is the highlight of a mediocre team like TCU's year, especially since it's most lovable fan keeps bringing it up years later.

You take the one victory over us each decade and I'll take the consistent top five/ten finishes and the occasional National Championship. Mediocrity serves you well.

Congratulations on your year so far. We're very impressed.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:11 PM

/thread
Old 09-16-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I must have been thinking about some other mediocre program that beat us six years ago.

This decade Oklahoma has finished in the Top 6 five times, with one championship and one bad year finishing 22nd. TCU has never finished in the Top 6, finishing as high as 11th (or 9th in Coaches Poll). Coincidentally the highest TCU finish was the same year as OU's lowest finish, which happened to be the year when TCU upset Oklahoma the first game of the season. Obviously this is the highlight of a mediocre team like TCU's year, especially since it's most lovable fan keeps bringing it up years later.

You take the one victory over us each decade and I'll take the consistent top five/ten finishes and the occasional National Championship. Mediocrity serves you well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-17-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm certainly not claiming TCU has even been mediocre so far this year (they've been an atrocious team of two straight fourth quarter collapses).

And yeah, OU is one of the premier college football programs in the country. C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!!! Rooting for the Yankees of college football must be extremely difficult on you. How proud you must feel to be one of the legions of fans that puff their chest out and feel superior because they decided to like the best team.

Your school is like eight times bigger than ours...your athletic budget is at least double, perhaps triple, what ours is. So yeah, year in and year out you f'ing well OUGHT to have a better team than TCU. And yes, it was a nice moment for us when we came to your place and won.

Why should I have to pretend like it didn't happen? Because OU usually has a better squad? That's why it was called an UPSET.

And why SHOULDN'T I call you out on it when you can't remember whether we played you in 2005 or 2001? I'm certainly taking my share of grief on here because the team I root for has licked balls the past two 4th quarters.

I only called you out on scoreboard because you called me out on TCU being bad...and the fact remains, last time your school (in all its athletic splendor) played TCU...you got beat at home -- by a team you apparently find pathetic. Congratulations on that.

FWIW, I think OU's a lock for the title game this year. So have a fun year and we'll see you either next year or the year after in Fort Worth.