Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: 19 percent of democrats think the world would be better off.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No, they're mostly quite liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you avoid looking at facts that might be true.. But last I read, in the 2000 and 2004 elections, Bush got more favorable coverage on the 'liberal' news outlets than either liberal candidate. Seems rather counterintuitive to be a liberal media outlet and helping a conservative candidate. Oh well, when up is down and Fox is fair and balanced, anything can be true if you just say it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am assuming since you read it you don't actually remember these elections? Fox leans to the right, but I don't think they try to hide it. Other news sources clearly lean to the left and deny it.

Exactly how did they help Bush in either 2000 or 2004? Perhaps it was by declaring the Gore won Fla before the polls were closed? Did you watch any of the 2004 coverage as the anchors became more depressed as it was clear their exit polls were flawed?

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh their motto is "fair and balanced"

[/ QUOTE ]

compared to msnbc and cnn they are much more fair

[/ QUOTE ]

Find me something on cnn as bad as this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jk7AfHTtj-c&a...roops%20comment
(refuted by cnn here)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZhWaiULqkp4&a...roops%20comment

or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs9iC...4D&index=5

Heres those cnn hippies in action:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MQUkxX-3u...ed&search=
Old 10-06-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only 30% of Republicans believe in evolution.

[/ QUOTE ]

BS

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope: http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27847

[/ QUOTE ]

Americans are much stupider than I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I always thought they'd be much stupider than this chart shows. But I'm a huge pessimist.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:06 AM

People who think Cnn or MSNBC are as left as Fox News is right are either oblivious to the world or have no brain.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People who think Cnn or MSNBC are as left as Fox News is right are either oblivious to the world or have no brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its so obviously true, but what can you do. I'm not worried about it anymore, the young people know how to work the internet, and the old people will die.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its so obviously true, but what can you do. I'm not worried about it anymore, the young people know how to work the internet, and the old people will die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, SWISH!
Old 10-06-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who has made this claim?
Old 10-06-2007, 02:43 PM

I actually enjoy watching Fox news from time to time, it's like Colbert Report only more hillarious.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

people who cant distinguish between news commentary and pundits and the actual reporting of the news have no brain.....

yes, obv fox is much more right wing in regards to their pundits/commentaries, but the ACTUAL reporting of the news, the cold hard facts, is much more fair than the "news" reported by CNN, I really dont see how this is even up for debate. Do I think every news networks is biased when reporting the news...yes, obv, but to say that CNN is rightwing (lowdown) drops my jaw, and reveals how blind some people really are to reality because of their retarded biases, on the otherhand, only a 16 year old kid would ever come to that conclusion, and makes me happy that at least the children are getting involved nowadays.

But, back to the topic at hand, if you can not see how the democrats are depending and dare I say even hoping from the outset for a failure in iraq to up their political stature you need to open your eyes.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

yes, obv fox is much more right wing in regards to their pundits/commentaries, but the ACTUAL reporting of the news, the cold hard facts, is much more fair than the "news" reported by CNN

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, Fox is a mouthpiece of the Republican Party. Period. Nothing more. Their goal is to fool people that they are a legit news outfit. All that "Fair and Balanced" and "No Spin Zone" is straight out of 1984 up is down. It worked for a while, fooled a lot mostly stupid people, now most people with 1/2 a brain see through this obvious, almost retarded, ruse.

Nonetheless their ratings are still high just like Limbaugh's are high. Right wing dupes and rednecks watch them exclusively. Plus they are big among the old people set who are feeble minded. In key demographics 25-56, they do relatively worse. But don't get me wrong, they are a ratings force and will likely continue to be so for some time. There are that many dumb people around.

Whatever "facts" they report are intended to strike that balance between the ruse of legitimacy and their goal of propaganda. Again, I am sorry, its really that simple.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

people who cant distinguish between news commentary and pundits and the actual reporting of the news have no brain.....

yes, obv fox is much more right wing in regards to their pundits/commentaries, but the ACTUAL reporting of the news, the cold hard facts, is much more fair than the "news" reported by CNN, I really dont see how this is even up for debate. Do I think every news networks is biased when reporting the news...yes, obv, but to say that CNN is rightwing (lowdown) drops my jaw, and reveals how blind some people really are to reality because of their retarded biases, on the otherhand, only a 16 year old kid would ever come to that conclusion, and makes me happy that at least the children are getting involved nowadays.

But, back to the topic at hand, if you can not see how the democrats are depending and dare I say even hoping from the outset for a failure in iraq to up their political stature you need to open your eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, who ever said that CNN had a right-wing bias?
Care to reply to the madrassa segment about Barack Obama that fox news ran (I posted a link earlier) which turned out to be 100% false?

Or what about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3pd6...D&index=15
Or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcPF5...D&index=16

This is not good reporting of the "cold, hard facts". Please provide me with an example of CNN blatantly disorting something because of their political bias or even just bad journalism in general on that network. Also, note how almost all of the stuff that I have posted have been during news segments, not just random stuff that Bill O'Reilly has said.