Old 10-10-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: The Mystery Method....... textbook for picking up chicks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, awesome, another PUA thread!

[/ QUOTE ]

hence OP is banned for 2 days... rawr

[/ QUOTE ]

I got banned for a lot of other stupid stuff, not this thread, I think I posted like 200 replies in under an hour being drunk and boom I got banned [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a middle ground between instinctual and intellectual.

If you follow any guy around with a hidden camera, he is going to act differently around a first date then he would if they were already in a relationship so stop trying to deny that there are instinctual patterns to the way we think, feel and act around the opposite sex. To deny that instincts that instincts is retarded. Why is it that you act a certain way when you meet your boss, aunt or gf's parents. Its because you were trained to do so. We are not unique snowflakes.

To say: I don't want to be with a girl who this stuff works on is retarded. Its like a girl saying: I don't want to be with a guy who cares about sex, or a guy saying: I won't date a girl who cares about money.

Human beings have instincts. Go read a book on evolution.

(im not really directing this at you Otn, but I see this same debate constantly on here and there is a middle ground that has to be reached. yeah, it sucks that women fall for cheesy stuff and that they are attracted to guys in leather jackets but being bitter about it isn't going to help you. your ancestors weren't bitter about it. they went out and got laid."

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't commenting on instinct. I just thought it was stupid to say that you shouldn't be intellectual when you try to pick up a woman...

[/ QUOTE ]

being intellectual and crap sounds way to heavy for when u first meet a chick, I just wanna be able to meet some cutie pies and have fun with them
Old 10-10-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a middle ground between instinctual and intellectual.

If you follow any guy around with a hidden camera, he is going to act differently around a first date then he would if they were already in a relationship so stop trying to deny that there are instinctual patterns to the way we think, feel and act around the opposite sex. To deny that instincts that instincts is retarded. Why is it that you act a certain way when you meet your boss, aunt or gf's parents. Its because you were trained to do so. We are not unique snowflakes.

To say: I don't want to be with a girl who this stuff works on is retarded. Its like a girl saying: I don't want to be with a guy who cares about sex, or a guy saying: I won't date a girl who cares about money.

Human beings have instincts. Go read a book on evolution.

(im not really directing this at you Otn, but I see this same debate constantly on here and there is a middle ground that has to be reached. yeah, it sucks that women fall for cheesy stuff and that they are attracted to guys in leather jackets but being bitter about it isn't going to help you. your ancestors weren't bitter about it. they went out and got laid."

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't commenting on instinct. I just thought it was stupid to say that you shouldn't be intellectual when you try to pick up a woman...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. Let's give it a test run. We'll both approach a girl today, I'll equip myself with a couple of third grade jokes and stupid observations while you arm yourself with some hot topic political issues. Afterwards we can post the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what Im saying

fun with chicks > being intelltual and beating off later that night
Old 10-10-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He tried this thread in BBV4L and it got locked within like 20 posts.

It's still open here.

BBV4L FTW!!

[/ QUOTE ]

blah Im sure it got locked cuz I posted here first and already had a bunch of discussion before I posted in bbv4life, but I wanted as much opinion as I could get on this topic since this is what I am studying

to the haters: dont hate cuz Im trying to get some game, Im tired of always relying on my drunk game since I dont remember half of it
Old 10-10-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SQE,

this is a stupid argument because if o wants to pick up law school chicks at a library he's not going to want the same conversation starters as you would want for a drunk 22 year old with fake [censored] in a club.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're sort of failing to see a middle ground here. You don't think women are attracted to intelligence? And by the way, these [censored] lines (at least the ones I've seen on the shows) would absolutely not work on, at least what I consider, a quality woman. Because I don't like dating dolts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression this thread was about picking them up, not dating them. Women like intelligence, I'm not disputing that. Just saying that doesn't come till later. I meant strictly the pick up/get her attention phase.

Also, I agree scripted lines are garbage and if she's caught any kind of wind from this PUA fad then odds are you'l lose her interest quicker then a politics/religion debate. Quality women [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I'm still young so this is where you've lost me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how IM feeling too, If I roll up and say some canned opener and shes heard it or someone in the set has heard it too before u just look like a complete loser and Im not down with that.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:23 PM

The mystery method is just an overly structured way of ensuring key ideas are employed in a pickup... confident/non-needy approaches, push-pull, frame control, SOI's (a1-a3), how to build rapport, comfort, and kino (c1-c3), how to isolate (bounce/timebridge), etc. Intermixed are some of Mystery's personal techniques to do these things, but the ideas behind all of the stages are the most important.

The key ideas are good, but I've never liked the strict structure of it all. I suppose for inexperienced people having a strict structure is good. As you get better and more comfortable with male-female interactions it may all end up as a guideline on where you want to go with the interaction next.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:26 PM

1. Make money
2. Make them laugh
3. Don't put the pussy on a pedestal
4. ???
5. Profit

Your welcome!
Old 10-10-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it so hard for some guys to just talk to chicks? Becoming a womanizer isn't an impossible task if that's your goal. You just need a lot of practice by developing your own personal "game style" and not care about the social consequences of being rejected on a regular basis. i.e., have a tough skin. (Some people can't stand rejection esp. attractive women.)

You'll also be investing time, money, and energy on this new hobby. So don't let your "dating life" get too distracting w/ that respect. "Be responsible. Know your limits."

Dating is like poker: you have to play a lot of hands and fold most of them after you realize you're beat, the sooner the better. Some hands play easier than others and play themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

u forgot that its always nice to have a basic strategy to start with hence learning from others that are successful, If I wanna learn how to be good at tourney poker I read harrington on hold em, if I wanna get good at picking up chicks I .......
Old 10-10-2007, 07:02 PM

Anybody that says that it only works on dumb women is doesn't understand what they're talking about.

Men are logical. Women are emotional.
Nice guy = boring = raises no emotion = not attractive.
Jerk = mean = raises negative emotion = attractive to some degree.
Remember this as it's absolutely vital knowledge.

Inner game is where it's at for me though. These methods are a nice supplement but everything stands and falls with inner game. I also don't think you will benefit too much from any of these methods without well developed inner game. However I can see how they can help build confidence, in people that start out with a really low self-esteem, which will help in developing inner game.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Be Interesting and confident
2. Dress stylishly
3. Don't put the pussy on a pedestal
4. Add vodka, lime, and shake well, serve over ice cubes
5. Profit
You're welcome!

[/ QUOTE ]