Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 07:33 AM

Default Re: 10,000

at first i thought this was very clever. second, i thought this is in poor taste. third, i though this is the zoo.

carry on.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:11 AM

I have excellent news to announce.

Common sense has prevailed, and after much infighting and abuse the mods won the day vs the admins! Who says democracy doesn't work?

There has been some acceptable collateral damage, (we lost four good mods and twelve members over this - although the others have agreed to keep bombarding Mat with pleas and money [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] to put everything back to the way things were before Granny went on the inappropriate button-pushing rampage), but at least Granny is no longer in charge of who and what stays or goes.

To those who thought this was an April Fool's joke that went horribly wrong, I'd suggest you keep that thought. You really don't want to know what was said about whom in the heat of the moment in the Mod Forum. I'm hoping Mat will delete it all and let us forget. Even now, it's possible we will need about seven or eight new mods, so please list your name and the forum you'd like, below, in order that your peers can comment on whether or not you're of the right mettle. (Further good news: there will NOT be a Religion Forum, Jim. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

I doubt that we will see Granny again, but red is the colour of Granny's private parts, only, from now on.

Long Live The Zoo!
Old 04-02-2006, 12:36 PM

dude, it's a forum for online poker, we aren't curing cancer here. although I would hope if I ever need a cancer cured the doc has more of a sense of humer about life than your showing here. If i get in that situation, I could use a few laughs. Lighten up about life in general if you can, it's more fun that way.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:45 PM

After reading the thread I still don't understand exactly what happened here.

1. It was an April fools joke. - Yes, that was fairly clear (96.6%) already after grannys initial post.
2. Did granny do it by himself?
3. If not, who else was in on it?
4. Are some people upset with each other because of this joke?
5. Has someone actually been banned because of this joke?
6. If so, who has been banned?
Old 04-02-2006, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have excellent news to announce.

Common sense has prevailed, and after much infighting and abuse the mods won the day vs the admins! Who says democracy doesn't work?

There has been some acceptable collateral damage, (we lost four good mods and twelve members over this - although the others have agreed to keep bombarding Mat with pleas and money [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] to put everything back to the way things were before Granny went on the inappropriate button-pushing rampage), but at least Granny is no longer in charge of who and what stays or goes.

To those who thought this was an April Fool's joke that went horribly wrong, I'd suggest you keep that thought. You really don't want to know what was said about whom in the heat of the moment in the Mod Forum. I'm hoping Mat will delete it all and let us forget. Even now, it's possible we will need about seven or eight new mods, so please list your name and the forum you'd like, below, in order that your peers can comment on whether or not you're of the right mettle. (Further good news: there will NOT be a Religion Forum, Jim. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

I doubt that we will see Granny again, but red is the colour of Granny's private parts, only, from now on.

Long Live The Zoo!

[/ QUOTE ]

.......Just when you think you're out, they suck you back in.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2006, 01:50 PM

Yep, it was an obvious APril fools joke because Mike is smart enough to put the below into a new thread.

[ QUOTE ]
Even now, it's possible we will need about seven or eight new mods, so please list your name and the forum you'd like, below, in order that your peers can comment on whether or not you're of the right mettle.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-02-2006, 01:51 PM

It was terribly obvious that this was an april fools joke, anyone who believed it needs to get their head examined.
Alsom we were discussing this in oot 15 min after it was posted and granny all but confirmed it in that thread (as if it needed to be). BTW- Admins always have a little "A" flag next to their name.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was terribly obvious that this was an april fools joke, anyone who believed it needs to get their head examined.
Alsom we were discussing this in oot 15 min after it was posted and granny all but confirmed it in that thread (as if it needed to be). BTW- Admins always have a little "A" flag next to their name.

[/ QUOTE ]

.......uh, methought my tongue-in-cheek post made that obvious.

Perhaps not? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2006, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Long Live The Zoo!

[/ QUOTE ]

**KISS MY ASS DUDE**
Old 04-02-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
**KISS MY ASS DUDE**

[/ QUOTE ]

And with that, I think we have finally formed the circle.
Closed Thread