Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 07:11 PM

Default Re: tyler_cracker finally meets a Microer, part 4

good stuff. But this confuses me:

[ QUOTE ]
I raise JJ in EP. Jason calls, then donks a 622 rainbow flop. I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you had a pretty good read on this guy, but couldn't he donk this flop with A6 or maybe TT?
Old 06-03-2006, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL.. totally awesome post!

I think I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you TC!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most adorable thing I've read today.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise JJ in EP. Jason calls, then donks a 622 rainbow flop. I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you had a pretty good read on this guy, but couldn't he donk this flop with A6 or maybe TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this guy could not have.

And obviously, this is completely read dependent, so there's not a lot to debate. FWIW, Ignig was away from the table for this hand, but when he came back i asked him, "Is Jason donking a 622 flop with something that doesn't beat an overpair?". Ignig immediately responded, "No."
Old 06-03-2006, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL.. totally awesome post!

I think I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you TC!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most adorable thing I've read today.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2006, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sign up for 2/4, 3/6, 4/8, the 4/8 Omaha 8 interest list, and ask to start an interest list for HORSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfftt. You're just homesick for the game selection at Gold Coast. You forgot to start the interest list for 1/2 NL.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:14 AM

LOL.. at first glance, I thought this thread was related to this one
Old 06-04-2006, 07:21 PM

Default Viva Las Vegas, day 1

I think I'm recovered enough from my Friday/Saturday all-nighter to be relatively coherent...

An uneventful flight (if you don't count the observation that they're trying to squeeze even more cups of soda from a single can during drink service) got me to Las Vegas. Since I was staying at the MGM, I could take a cab for about the same price as a shuttle, which made me very happy. Airport hotel check-in also rules. The MGM's guest service, however, does not - they seemed to be playing the "whisper game," where the last person in the chain seemed to think I needed a service very different from the one I had actually asked for.

After unpacking, waiting a half-hour to get a 5-minute detail taken care of in my room (see above), and grabbing a late breakfast, I give Tyler a call, and we agree to meet at the MGM poker room of which I had heard so many good things. In the meantime, I make a Walgreens run, apply pre-emptive blister pads, and discover that the full-on south Strip Starbucks store is no longer (and honestly, probably hasn't been for years), making my iBook a useless appendage.

I get to the poker room and start looking at feet. After a while I decide to get an espresso, then return to find the requisite Tevas with socks with Tyler attached. We get on the list for the one 4/8 limit table (some of the other hotels seem to get more 4/8 games going as the evening approaches, but the number dwindles at the MGM).

One thing I realized right away about Strip poker: lots of people play scared. Many will never, ever raise preflop. Not AK, not QQ, maybe AA. A high percentage of those people are elderly. When they DO raise, it is a 100% good fold with any kind of marginal hand if you don't have a draw and the odds to make it. Several times I'd raise something like AJs, flop a disconnected A-high rainbow, bet and get called on every street only to find villain had AK or top-and-bottom pair.

Many other people, however, seem to completely lose the relationship between those flat clay circles and spendable cash money. They bet and raise with any two, straddle every orbit, and god forbid you raise their button or blind. They build a monster stack, then I turn around and they're down to the felt. I love them. Games in Vegas are massively softer than games in the Seattle area, but that should surprise no one.

Right away I started getting great cards, and fortunately had some action before the biggest donators either busted out or tightened up (the legends of MGM's mega-loose limit play are either greatly exaggerated or old news). I'm trying to remember the one hand (EDIT: it's here) -- after showdown he leans over and says "we're gonna have to discuss that hand later." (I plead guilty to FPS.)

After a while we moved to the Wynn. If I lived in Vegas (something Tyler hasn't completely convinced me against), that would probably be my poker home. Not that the games there were that good on Monday -- having cooled off card-wise, I made money primarily because people DID respect my raises ("you fold all the time, of course you only get the blinds!"). Our first table featured some locals and some kid in a baseball cap and sunglasses who literally struck the Hellmuth/Ferguson pose every time he was in a hand.

Not having eaten since about 2 pm (it's now after midnight), I convince Tyler to pry himself away from the guy whose cards he can see and get some food (dude, feel free to take me aside and tell me "screw you, my neighbor's an ATM, there's a snack bar next door," I'll understand).

We close down In-N-Out (closing down anything in Vegas is always a WTF moment) and I get what turns out to be the most sleep of my entire trip.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Viva Las Vegas, day 1

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I realized right away about Strip poker: lots of people play scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've very seldom scared when I play strip poker. Were you playing with Bubba again?
Old 06-04-2006, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One thing I realized right away about Strip poker: lots of people play scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've very seldom scared when I play strip poker. Were you playing with Bubba again?

[/ QUOTE ]

wookie if i were playing strip poker with you, id be vy scared
Old 06-04-2006, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Somehow, the second I typed "Strip poker" I knew this would happen.

And Shadow, for the record, not that I swing that way (although apparently Tyler questioned that at one point - I'm just well-groomed!) Wookie is not an un-handsome man.