Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/1) (Spoilers?)

dont remember what daniels potodds were and dont remember exactly what cards where diamonds but this seems like a reasonable range if daniel raised(maybe reraise TT mabe not but that doesnt cange much i dont get why he put her squarely on QJdd, k not T7s but):

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

14,850 games 0.005 secs 2,970,000 games/sec

Board: Kd Tc 7d
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 25.630% 25.52% 00.11% 3790 16.00 { KhQh }
Hand 1: 74.370% 74.26% 00.11% 11028 16.00 { TT, 77, AdQd, AdJd, AdTd, KTs, QdJd, Jd9d, T7s, 9d8d }

---
Old 10-02-2007, 01:25 PM

and the show sucks btw. just retarded gambking.

i mean i like elezra and im sure he could play good if he actually tried but he just splashes around.

i mean this season its just seriously bad play.

would be nic to see antonius or jman sit down and just stack someone for half a million.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:41 PM

What possessed the producers of this show to think that we are going to be more entertained by mindless gambling than sophisticated poker?

For Season 5, please have at least one day of taping where it is just top players at the table (Antonius, Ivey, Townsend, Esfandiari, etc).
Old 10-02-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- And finally: LOL at Gabe saying that "all the players at this table would know that a suited hand makes a flush more than unsuited". (For those who don't know, Phil Hellmuth once lost 10K prop betting that the opposite was the case with AKo vs AKs).

[/ QUOTE ]
But you can make two flushes with AKo??

Gabe has been leveling these players all season.. love it

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think leveling means what you think it means, the players can't hear Gabe.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

14,850 games 0.005 secs 2,970,000 games/sec

Board: Kd Tc 7d
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 25.630% 25.52% 00.11% 3790 16.00 { KhQh }
Hand 1: 74.370% 74.26% 00.11% 11028 16.00 { TT, 77, AdQd, AdJd, AdTd, KTs, QdJd, Jd9d, T7s, 9d8d }
---

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the most reasonable range so far. I agree that previous replies with Adxd in the range are way too loose. Jennifer is really tight and I don't think she'd raise with two pair, a set, or a combo draw.

I also don't get how daniel did this.

Flop (13k)
Daniel bets 8k
Jen raises to 32k, and has ~35k behind.

So to Daniel, he has to think that with his bet, there's 21k in the pot and he's either all in or fold, so the total pot is 21 + 32 + 35 = 88. And it's 67k for him to call, so he's getting 88:67 or 1.3:1. So he needs about 43% equity. Against an LAG or maybe even an unknown, this is a possible call. But against Jennifer?

I like Daniel, but his play here is simply unexplainable.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(For those who don't know, Phil Hellmuth once lost 10K prop betting that the opposite was the case with AKo vs AKs).

[/ QUOTE ]

He explained on the Premier League SNG series (UK) that he thought he was set up. Devilfish was making fun of him for losing 10K for thinking something so stupid. So he told a story that shortly before making this bet, he had had a conversation with a guy who said he ran a "computer simulation" (what is this, 1987?) with those hands, and AKo came out a slight favorite, and he was convinced. I guess he's claiming that he's never used a hand calculator online (like at cardplayer.com, who he writes for), otherwise, why give credit to some guy who claims to have run a simulation?

He said he thinks the person he ended up betting with later on was in on it with the computer simulation guy to set him up.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:25 PM

Didn't read the thread since I am in the middle of the show, but....

How stupid can that Daniel Negreanu be? "Heyyyy Jamie Gold, I can totally tell when you are bluffing! Don't try to bluff me, cause I have a perfect read on you!"

Surprisingly he did not explain to Gold what the tells are.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:02 PM

Man Jamie Gold just wastes sooo much value, how can u not value bet hands with his image.. Betting 2nd pair with his image is profitable and he isnt even betting 2 pair??
Old 10-02-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Devilfish was making fun of him for losing 10K for thinking something so stupid. So he told a story that shortly before making this bet, he had had a conversation with a guy who said he ran a "computer simulation" (what is this, 1987?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, probably.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I gotta say I agree here, I really feel that Gold has potential, and you nailed it, he really seems to be the only guy trying to play good poker. I was watching this episode, and at one point I just looked at the hands on the left side of the screen and there were like 5 ppl in a raised pot with Q2s and 34o hands, and I was thinking like, why do I even watch this show? If they televised a table of newbie play money players playing live, the way hands were played would look pretty much like this lineup plays them. Bring back the first lineup from this season already, that was a great, great show. This episode was utter garbage, just unentertaining, boring stuff. I didn't think it could get any worse than watching 3 minutes of Hellmuth talking about insurance a few episodes ago, but it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

arrrggghh... great poker players play great after the flop!!! those preflop requirements you people are holding so dear are guidelines for the novices to keep themselves from getting burnt. it's disgusting how internet players rule the poker world.

this is how poker is. that i keep reading posters here criticizing pre-flop holdings and thinking that this is some off the wall portrayal of poker is just senseless.

i'll say it again. great players play poker after the flop. great players play poker after the flop. get it .. got it... good.

now stop trying to judge and condemn the play of these people and just watch and learn.