Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 12:31 AM

Default Re: What is AC?

What makes you think we wont have trees on AC?
Old 11-12-2006, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, it is simply more profitable to not use violence or steal. Do you see why?

By the way, excessive punctuation rule invoked.

[/ QUOTE ] This may be true in your judgement, but billions of people throughout history have disagreed, and it's obviously false to say that all of them were wrong (for them).

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Since when do you care about what other people decide for themselves?

Besides, the question wasn't what people believed was a good idea, but what was more profitable, cooperation or non-cooperation, and unfortunately for you, the answer is well known.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, my post was in part a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

All your posts are complete jokes.

[ QUOTE ]
, because the fact that something isn't profitable clearly doesn't show that people won't engage in it; much of the violence in the world isn't even done in the name of profit, plenty of it is based on revenge, religion, ideology, etc.

So even if it wasn't profitable to fight, it wouldn't follow that their wouldn't be fighting going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily no one, except you and your ridiculous strawmen, claims that with freedom there is an absence of fighting.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Read about this guy

some ppl will want to protect nature.

[/ QUOTE ] Fair enough; but people generally make decisions with their wallet in the market, which is not the case in the voting booth (remember my OP on this; I could have called it the AC/Onion friendly name: Report: People do better things with other people's money than their own.)
Old 11-12-2006, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Of course, the problem is that we need trees,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol. Literally. Lolling my ass off.

[/ QUOTE ] Do you understand how the planet's ecosystem works? We need plant life in order to breathe, and trees do the most in terms of turning Co2 back into oxygen. But the air will always be a tragedy of the commons situation in AC; even Val admits that.

Anyway, I'm happy to provide a good laugh at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you understand that I wasn't laughing at the part about us needing trees, but about the part where you claim that the market doesn't provide what people need?

Also, why did you not explain how to objectively identify a "market failure"?
Old 11-12-2006, 12:35 AM

What fire? the guy is destroiying stuff he isnt burning anything.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, the question wasn't what people believed was a good idea, but what was more profitable, cooperation or non-cooperation, and unfortunately for you, the answer is well known.

[/ QUOTE ] THat is the wrong question to ask; what matters when asking whether or not people will fight for a profit is what they believe to be profitable, not what really is profitable or not. Austrians out of all people should realize this.

Saying that people won't fight for profit because you judge that it isn't profitable is like saying that people won't go to church because you judge that God doesn't exist.

[ QUOTE ]

, because the fact that something isn't profitable clearly doesn't show that people won't engage in it; much of the violence in the world isn't even done in the name of profit, plenty of it is based on revenge, religion, ideology, etc.

So even if it wasn't profitable to fight, it wouldn't follow that their wouldn't be fighting going on.
Luckily no one, except you and your ridiculous strawmen, claims that with freedom there is an absence of fighting.

[/ QUOTE ] Luckily everybody, except you and a few other extremists, realize that ideological and ethnic conflicts that are solved peacefully or simmer with a state will explode in anarchy.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People do better things with other people's money than their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, like invade countries and build deathcamps, prevent people form working for who they want to work for, hiring who they want to hire, travelling where they want to travel to, buying what they want to buy, selling what they want to sell, importing what they want to import, exporting what they want to export, smoking what they want to smoke, eating what they want to eat, growing what they want to grow, manufacturing what they want to manufacturer, reading and writing what they want to read and write, and on and on and on.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you understand that I wasn't laughing at the part about us needing trees, but about the part where you claim that the market doesn't provide what people need?

Also, why did you not explain how to objectively identify a "market failure"?

[/ QUOTE ] If you look up market failure or read a little history, you will A) Realize the market doesn't always provide people with what they need and
B) Learn what a market failure is.

If you want, you can define market failures as good things; fortunately almost nobody else agrees with you.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:43 AM

Lol at states peacifully solving ethnical and ideological conflicts( I admit AC wont do this any better although)
Old 11-12-2006, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think we wont have trees on AC?

[/ QUOTE ]

He just decides that government is necessary and good so keeps taking stabs in the dark to grab for reasons to support his conclusion.